Sidebulbs 1 - Knackered wiring -1 Buggerations indeed!

Molnboman

Reaction score
******, Damn Blast!

Stood up to the sidelight challenge. Managed to do the nearside without problems. The offside is a different matter altogether! Don't know what I did but reckon I have deaded the holder or caused a break in the wiring to the sidelamp holder. Is there a quick fix for this.....I can't tell if anything is wrong....it looks ok visually. Tried 3 different bulbs...I know they only go one way...all the same.

Ran a multimeter across the bulp connector and it's getting juice.

Update....right managed to get the side light working after farting about with the inner clip holders for the bulb...then it's gone off again....Arrrgggghhhh

Any ideas,

Yours no sidelightly
A

Last edited:
That's a new one, deaded, lol.

So there's no visible breaks in the wires or you're speculating?

You may have disabled the circuit, so try putting the old ones back in & see if these work, then try again.

Are you upgrading to led's or just standard?

That's a new one, deaded, lol.

So there's no visible breaks in the wires or you're speculating?

You may have disabled the circuit, so try putting the old ones back in & see if these work, then try again.

Are you upgrading to led's or just standard?

Thanks for the reply. No, no breaks in the wiring I am pretty sure it's a faulty earth wire connection. Yes, upgrading all lamps. Got the sidelight working again using old and T8ups new ones, but when I stuck it back in the headlamp it went off again and is refusing to come back on even after jiggling the earth cable about.....sick as a parrot! :-( I remember this light was a bit iffy when I first tried to remove it last week.
So what is the prognosis. Should I buy a new bulb holder and cut and join it in....these sidelight bulb holders don't look repairable....and as I have as much electrical knowledge and dexterity as a blind wombat.....am in a bit of a pickle. All other lamps that I replaced are working 100% including nearside, side lamp.

Cheers
A

Last edited:
Three words sum up the sidelights on an A4.

Worst. Design. Ever.

Three words sum up the sidelights on an A4.

Worst. Design. Ever.

Try owning a Zafira Mate....honestly, a 100 times worse....the only access to the lights is through a small hatch in the wheel arch....I kid you not....nearly committed suicide trying replace them! Anyway, reckon I will need one of these....to sort it...pain in the ****!....I found the headlights fine....and once you have done it once.....it's easy. But the sidelights....bit of a headf&ck!!

3bulbholder

BR
A