Rear Seat Fixings

Wrath

Reaction score
Removed my rear seat bench as I keep hearing a rattling coming from somewhere in the back. Managed to remove with ease and found everything from stones, sweets to a small family of tribbles. I know you are meant to replace the grommets which hold the seat in place but I can't get the damned things out! Is there any tips to do this and any idea what the part number is?

Had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago, the centre lug had broken, so the seat would "rattle".... managed to get the old grommets out with a pair of long-nosed pliers and screwdriver.... breaking them in the process!
The new grommets click into place.

Part Number is: V4B0 886 373 01 C @ £0.68ea

Reactions: Wrath
Can you explain how to remove the rear bench? And will I need these "grommets" to put it back? My kids have dropped conkers down the gap next to the seat belt buckles and they have disappeared. :(

The rear bench can be removed by just pulling upwards.
Very easy.... also just pushes back into place.
You may get away without putting new grommets in.... only if they break will you need to... but are very cheap.

Reactions: scotty76
Its really straight forward for the rears. Just sit on the seat and place ur hands towards the front of the seat and you will feel were the clip is and put ur hands either side and just yank on the seat. It will feel like its going to snap the seat but it is normal. I got away with not replacing mine.

The correct part number is 4B0 886 373 01 C, with out the "V" at the beginning.