Chris NottSky Insurance
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Giosabcsl

Thread: PCV Help

  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    236

    PCV Help

    Hi Everyone,

    So I recently purchased a A4 DTM.

    Now I have done a lot of reading and researching on multiple forums with regards to a lumpy idle, oil out the filler cap, loads of suction on the oil filler cap etc.

    Well it turns out the PCV needs to be replaced but at the same time I want to replace the breather tube, now I am currently in a bit of a dilemma so let me try and explain.

    My car currently has the following PCV part no. 06F129 101 C

    I ordered the new parts from TPS.

    The parts I was given are:

    06F129101 P - (PCV, Revision P)
    06F103483E - Pressure Regulating Valve Gasket
    06D103215B - Breather Tube
    06D131550D - Breather Tube Gasket

    Now the issue is that I don't know if Revision P is the replacement part for Revision C.

    As looking on another website the earlier Vin audi a4 b7 have different parts to ones with the late Vin.

    The early vin has:
    Breather Update Kit (A4 B7, 2.0T, Early VIN) - EuropaParts.com
    06F129101 N - (PCV, Revision N)
    06D103213G - Breather Tube (Updated Version, Early VIN)

    The later vin has:
    Breather Update Kit (A4 B7, 2.0T, Late VIN) - EuropaParts.com
    06F129101 P - (PCV, Revision P)
    06D103215B - Breather Tube (has check valve)

    Now it turns out the later Vin version has a check valve in. I dont know yet if my current set up has a check valve in the breather pipe. But would it harm putting the Revision P pcv on with the breather pipe with the check valve. Or should I be using the earlier Vin version.

    If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. As I would like to resolve this issue this week and if necessary return the parts if need it be.

    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    212
    Check with the dealer mate

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    236
    Dealer doesnt know the answer thats why im asking fellow members on here.

  5. #4
    Chris-Vspec's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Verwood, Dorset
    Posts
    247
    I have recently replaced mine with a new one from Audi I'm just off out when I get back I will check the invoice and post the part number

  6. #5
    Missed gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    385
    Interested in this as well.
    I was just about to order the 06F129101 N from the bay, but will see what my local dealer says.
    B7 A4 Avant S-line Special Edition v2 2.0 TFSi - AmD stage 1 - 263Bhp 396Nm

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Vspec View Post
    I have recently replaced mine with a new one from Audi I'm just off out when I get back I will check the invoice and post the part number
    Hi Chris,

    That would be great thou I suspect it is going to be 06F 129 101 N. As that is the part Audi offered me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stringster View Post
    Interested in this as well.
    I was just about to order the 06F129101 N from the bay, but will see what my local dealer says.
    I suspect again your dealer is going to offer you the above part. But its more so now that I have the parts for mine and are curious would it make a difference if I put one on ending in P rather than N. And also does it matter if there breather pipe has a check valve in it. Sadly those are the question I am more so interested in. As it would make life easier as I already have the parts and just means I have to return them and get the other.

    Just for a reference Stringster the price quoted from Audi for 06F129101 N is £38.08 inc vat not sure what the bay is charging
    Last edited by Giosabcsl; 4th June 2013 at 12:36.

  8. #7
    Missed gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    385
    £41.99 from eBay - link
    (Works out cheaper than driving to my nearest dealer though!)
    B7 A4 Avant S-line Special Edition v2 2.0 TFSi - AmD stage 1 - 263Bhp 396Nm

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    236
    Just a quick update with regards to this whole dilemma I have been in contact with one of the guys from Audi. This was there response.

    "The problem is that the late vin and early vin valves have different ports. The late vin has an extra port "revision P" which would not allow the early vin to work. I believe yours is the early vin "revision N". Even if the late vin fit it would not give any benefits"

    Turns out that N valve replaces letters C, F, K, L.

    So basically I cant use P i need to send mine back and get N. And change the breather pipe as the revisied one has a check valve in it as well.

    So the recommended replacement parts :
    06F129101N - PCV revision N
    06D103213G - Breather pipe without check valve.

    Optional parts:
    06D131550D - Breather pipe gasket
    06F103483E - PCV rubber gasket

    My advice would be for anyone in the future to look at your current PCV model and see if it falls in the above bracket. And when going about changing the breather pipe check if yours has a check valve in it. Then you can order your parts correctly.

    Hope this helps all members that have the same issue as me.
    Last edited by Giosabcsl; 4th June 2013 at 15:59.

  10. #9
    Missed gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    385
    Many thanks for the clarification and useful post!

    From what I understand there is no need to replace the breather pipe as it has no check valve - the N PCV has a stronger spring to compensate.
    B7 A4 Avant S-line Special Edition v2 2.0 TFSi - AmD stage 1 - 263Bhp 396Nm

  11. #10
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Giosabcsl View Post
    Just a quick update with regards to this whole dilemma I have been in contact with one of the guys from Audi. This was there response.

    "The problem is that the late vin and early vin valves have different ports. The late vin has an extra port "revision P" which would not allow the early vin to work. I believe yours is the early vin "revision N". Even if the late vin fit it would not give any benefits"

    Turns out that N valve replaces letters C, F, K, L.

    So basically I cant use P i need to send mine back and get N. And change the breather pipe as the revisied one has a check valve in it as well.

    So the recommended replacement parts :
    06F129101N - PCV revision N
    06D103213G - Breather pipe without check valve.

    Optional parts:
    06D131550D - Breather pipe gasket
    06F103483E - PCV rubber gasket

    My advice would be for anyone in the future to look at your current PCV model and see if it falls in the above bracket. And when going about changing the breather pipe check if yours has a check valve in it. Then you can order your parts correctly.

    Hope this helps all members that have the same issue as me.
    For what it's worth i just replaced version C with version N. Mine is a mid 2007 Special Edition so the same engine as your DTM (220bhp). I didn't replace the breather hose (not sure what you refer to by that tbh)

  12. #11
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Last edited by craigcull; 13th January 2014 at 20:11.
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.


  13. #12
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Giosabcsl View Post
    Just a quick update with regards to this whole dilemma I have been in contact with one of the guys from Audi. This was there response.

    "The problem is that the late vin and early vin valves have different ports. The late vin has an extra port "revision P" which would not allow the early vin to work. I believe yours is the early vin "revision N". Even if the late vin fit it would not give any benefits"

    Turns out that N valve replaces letters C, F, K, L.

    So basically I cant use P i need to send mine back and get N. And change the breather pipe as the revisied one has a check valve in it as well.

    So the recommended replacement parts :
    06F129101N - PCV revision N
    06D103213G - Breather pipe without check valve.

    Optional parts:
    06D131550D - Breather pipe gasket
    06F103483E - PCV rubber gasket

    My advice would be for anyone in the future to look at your current PCV model and see if it falls in the above bracket. And when going about changing the breather pipe check if yours has a check valve in it. Then you can order your parts correctly.

    Hope this helps all members that have the same issue as me.
    Excellent! Answered all my questions in 1 blast. Much appreciated read
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.


  14. #13
    craigcull's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leeds uk
    Posts
    993

    My Social Networking

    Visit craigcull's Youtube Channel
    The revision N Pcv has fixed the idle problem. Probably runs better than it's ever run to be honest. Replaced a couple of vacuum pipes aswell. This thread solved all my problems lol! Cheers
    K04 hybrid turbo. S3 injectors, Autotech hpfp internals, RS4 fuel pressure regulator, custom FMIC, APR carbonio intake, decat pipe, milltek cat back non resonated 100mm tips, unicorn developments custom remap, launch control and flat shift. Valet mode, economy map and full power map options. Stage 3 southbend clutch with single mass flywheel, Eibach pro street coilovers, eibach front and rear anti roll bars, porsche cayenne 6 pot calipers front, S4 rear brake conversion.


  15. #14
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by craigcull View Post
    The revision N Pcv has fixed the idle problem. Probably runs better than it's ever run to be honest. Replaced a couple of vacuum pipes aswell. This thread solved all my problems lol! Cheers
    Glad it helped

  16. #15
    bowen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    456
    Sorry to bump up a thread.

    I have a question about the PCV system. I took the oil filler cap off the engine, whilst it was running and there was suction and the same through the dipstick. Is this normal or not?

    My idle is fine, I was just having a nose around the engine and can recall that suction through oil filler cap would mean a bad PCV. A bit of googling and now I am not sure.

    Forgive me I am totally new to the 2L TFSI engine.

    Thanks,
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

  17. #16
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by bowen View Post
    Sorry to bump up a thread.

    I have a question about the PCV system. I took the oil filler cap off the engine, whilst it was running and there was suction and the same through the dipstick. Is this normal or not?

    My idle is fine, I was just having a nose around the engine and can recall that suction through oil filler cap would mean a bad PCV. A bit of googling and now I am not sure.

    Forgive me I am totally new to the 2L TFSI engine.

    Thanks,
    Hi, what you are experiencing is normal there will always be some suction from either the oil cap or dipstick as there is a negative and positive pressure/vacumm being built up in the top of the motor.

    You only have to be concerned when some force is needed to remove the oil cap or dipstick, or when you cant get it off at all then you should be concerned about replacing it.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Pcv delete and collapsed hose any ideas or help please.
    By s33nyboy12 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 3rd June 2012, 16:38
  2. PCV mod help please!
    By Keith_S3 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th May 2009, 11:35
  3. Please help, my hard drive has disappeared !!
    By sidicks in forum Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th January 2003, 15:43
  4. Help Wanted - Amusing slogan
    By Moresauce in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th January 2003, 01:18
  5. Banner AD include help????
    By Administrators in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 7th January 2003, 15:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO