RE-MAP 2.0 TFSi

Shaunos

Reaction score
Hi there just bought an Audi A4 S-Line Special Edition 2007 Quattro 2.0 TFSi Petrol. Was just wondering if its worth getting it re-mapped. I'm looking for fuel savings and power if possible. Thanks

Hej,

There's lots of members who have done it....just have a search through the threads. Imho there are quite a few different companies offering different upgrades....just depends where you want to go to....and how much you can afford and and want to spend. There are Forum sponsors like APR UK who offer really good flexible stage upgrades and there are others like BSR who only offer up to stage 2 with theirs, so be careful if you are going the full way. I am saving my pennies for a GIAC job....as they appear to be the best choice that suits me. As for better fuel economy, well it's debatable cause you might go a bit mental with that extra 45 bhp at stage 1, but if you are careful with your right foot...I dare say you could get an improved MPG.

All the best,
Allan

Sorry some of these sites are Swedish but they have english translations to them.

APR Motorsport Ltd - High Performance Development for Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, and Porsche Vehicles.
GIAC :: Welcome to GIAC
BSR arbetar med trimning och etanolkonvertering (E85) med PPC Tuning System - BSR
vtech.se - VTECH RTS

Last edited:
Rick at Unicorn Developments does custom maps for this car, he is based in Stockport so not sure how far that is from you.

Angel tuning have just done my special edition and am really pleased with the change in the car, economy is no worse that's for sure but haven't had it mapped long enough to tell if there are any long term economy gains.

if you are going to remap there are a few things you should consider changing to make the most of the upgrade main one being the diverter valve.

Angel tuning have just done my special edition and am really pleased with the change in the car, economy is no worse that's for sure but haven't had it mapped long enough to tell if there are any long term economy gains.

if you are going to remap there are a few things you should consider changing to make the most of the upgrade main one being the diverter valve.

Plus 1 with Chris there....I understand a better quality High Pressure Fuel Pump and replacement OEM cam follower are also highly recommended at stage 1 - 1.5, then a better intercooler going upwards to 2....then the pounds start adding up! hehehe

Thanks for that Chris my car is the V2 s-line TFSi. Where do I get a Rev D diverter valve? All I was planning on doing was fitting a K&N panel filter for now and having the remap.

Thanks for that Chris my car is the V2 s-line TFSi. Where do I get a Rev D diverter valve? All I was planning on doing was fitting a K&N panel filter for now and having the remap.

I would forget the OEM rev D valve. It'll fail with a remap as boost pressure is increased.

Get a metal Forge Motorsport recirculating type one - link here Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

Also, removing the CAT (use CAI 4"-3" test pipe) and changing the exhaust is recommended before a remap as it's so restrictive!

I've done afew of these and the results are amazing..........mcdubber1 on here got his done after his car was the test bed for Forge and the FMIC and associated pipework.....he then came to me for a remap and afew weeks ago went to a RR day. Standard 211 and RR showed I believe 302bhp so the gains were impressive. He also informed me that he was getting an increase in MPG which is a bonus aswell. He loves how the remap has transformed the way the car drives. PM him for details. His was a B8 2.0TFSi but shows you what can be done.

Mine had a rev d in which was fine but I found a big difference once I changed it for the forge.

Mine had a rev d in which was fine but I found a big difference once I changed it for the forge.

A garage near me does re-maps using the Pendle data. It will take my car from 220 bhp to 255 bhp and from 300 NM TO 360 NM. The guy was very helpful he said you don't need to mod anything at all. Anyone else had this remap by Pendle? What are the fuel savings etc?

Hey Ric I couldn't be further away I'm in Devon! I'm really after info on fuel savings etc.. Cheers

Hey Ric I couldn't be further away I'm in Devon! I'm really after info on fuel savings etc.. Cheers
Ok let me re-phrase this as this post isn't gaining the interest I'd hoped for.... Who does the best remap for fuel savings? I don't want to go for to much power due to extra strain on engine etc?

The best fuel saving remap for a 2.0 PETROL audi is to take it back and get a Diesel. Seeing as that's not very helpful, you might be interested to hear that when I had my 2.0tFSI remapped to stage 1 (by DNA Tuning who have agents all over the place) I have seen a reasonable fuel saving if I drive carefully.

I do, at times, 30,000 miles a year and I think I've seen a drop in consumption since the map. I do a lot of steady motorway driving, mostly at or around the legal limit. I get 360 miles to a tank reliably and on a long slow run I can achieve 390 driving like Grandad.

If you do mainly short journeys and city driving then you won't see it get any better. It won't get much worse though, so what's not to like?

Edit to add: My car is also a Quattro which is the least efficient option, although it's good for FUN!

If I were you, and I was trying to keep my 2.0T FSI efficient, I would look to ensure your tyres are at the correct pressure, are in good health and that everything on the car is working. Some of the best efficiency savings I've found have been in fixing components or sensors that had started to go wrong, but not badly enough to throw up a fault light. Get VCDS and check you're running as well as you can be. Get the car on a rolling road and check the power output is as it should be.

Then I'd either keep your driving smooth, swap for a diesel or forget about it entirely and just enjoy every £1.49 drop of V-Power.

Reactions: mister.c. and Jackie Brown
Rev d is well known to work, even on highly mapped s3's...won't fail will a remap.....
+1 a rev d will not fail with a remap it was the old rubber insert in the older dv's that failed not the new piston type rev d.

Hi Shaunos, I can't really recommend anyone close to you. However, if you are wanting a remap for economy savings, as the above posts note, it isn't worth it for that on a petrol car. Plenty more go though :)

Rick

Another 'MPG' gain remap thread, lol!

Petrol Turbo!!!!! PETROL TURBO!!!!!

Jesus Christ Almighty