Spi vision headlights

T3nnant

Reaction score
Cheap but cheerful mod today,
the front end was looking a bit mixed up with the black grille but silver lights.

I wanted aftermarket but instead of paying £230+ i opted for a £10 jobby.

pics do the talking.

Must admit im very impressed

I'd be very wary of this, as I seem to recall reading some mot notes on items attached to headlights that would affect the light output, maybe wise to have a read up of mot rules, so as to not cause yourself some grief.

I'd be very wary of this, as I seem to recall reading some mot notes on items attached to headlights that would affect the light output, maybe wise to have a read up of mot rules, so as to not cause yourself some grief.

Thanks,
iv also heard this, i was assured by the dealer who sold i that i wouldnt have a problem as its meant to be 100% road legal.

This stuff has the holes in it, up close its like a honey comb mesh but from a far it looks all black.

Thanks,
iv also heard this, i was assured by the dealer who sold i that i wouldnt have a problem as its meant to be 100% road legal.

This stuff has the holes in it, up close its like a honey comb mesh but from a far it looks all black.

Where did you get it from fella

I can see why you would want to do that from a styling point of view. Do you notice a reduction in light being cast from the headloghts as a result? I need all the light i can get up here, specially in the winter so i need to be careful what I stick on the fronts.CheersA

Where did you get it from fella
I got it from Vehicle Light Tinting, Headlight Tints | SPi Vision mate

I can see why you would want to do that from a styling point of view. Do you notice a reduction in light being cast from the headloghts as a result? I need all the light i can get up here, specially in the winter so i need to be careful what I stick on the fronts.CheersA

i would have went for lights but iv heard a few start to melt or the beam isnt correct so id rather go for the cheaper simpler option.
Light seems perfectly normal mate!
No change as i can see, apart from looking tinted
well worth the price so far

Could also work as a cool window tint if anyone dared to try hah

Reactions: Macdoon
I got it from Vehicle Light Tinting, Headlight Tints | SPi Vision mate

i would have went for lights but iv heard a few start to melt or the beam isnt correct so id rather go for the cheaper simpler option.
Light seems perfectly normal mate!
No change as i can see, apart from looking tinted
well worth the price so far

Could also work as a cool window tint if anyone dared to try hah

Yep, I think it may be a good idea to avoid the retro fitted lights....I have read a lot of feedback that although they look good, they don't necessarily perform as well as oem, and therefore that's the reason why I am out!
That stuff looks ok to me and well worth a tenner. How did it go on....do you use heat and stretch it like standard vinyl wrap?

Cheers
A

Very nice mate had mine done while back with covex (same thing). Looks spot on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 186
Have had mine done with lamin x for the past year, just passed MOT again! Looking good fella.

just passed MOT again! Looking good fella.

That's very strange, as I read this in an mot document aswell, maybe the tester was blind lmao, anyway who cares, there problem not yours.

Yep, I think it may be a good idea to avoid the retro fitted lights....I have read a lot of feedback that although they look good, they don't necessarily perform as well as oem, and therefore that's the reason why I am out!
That stuff looks ok to me and well worth a tenner. How did it go on....do you use heat and stretch it like standard vinyl wrap?
I was out last night afterdark and to be honest i didnt notice a change in the lights at all. I do have HIds which could play a part in it, but i didnt notice a loss of light.
It goes on just like a vinal wrap, but as it has holes in... goes on alot easier (no air trapped obv) and soon as your happy with it in place, use a heatgun or hairdryer and go over it pushing it down with a applicator card or something to "activate" the glue apparently.

I washed the car with it on and for now its still stuck haha.

Cheers
A

Very nice mate had mine done while back with covex (same thing). Looks spot on

Looks awesome on yours mate, love it!

Have had mine done with lamin x for the past year, just passed MOT again! Looking good fella.

Glad to hear someone passed MOT then haha, i have another year to wait so we will see!