Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By T3nnant

Thread: Spi vision headlights

2nd Gear

Status

Spi vision headlights

Cheap but cheerful mod today,
    the front end was looking a bit mixed up with the black grille but silver lights.

I wanted aftermarket but instead of paying £230+ i opted for a £10 jobby.

pics do the talking.

Must admit im very impressed

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I'd be very wary of this, as I seem to recall reading some mot notes on items attached to headlights that would affect the light output, maybe wise to have a read up of mot rules, so as to not cause yourself some grief.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I'd be very wary of this, as I seem to recall reading some mot notes on items attached to headlights that would affect the light output, maybe wise to have a read up of mot rules, so as to not cause yourself some grief.
    Thanks,
    iv also heard this, i was assured by the dealer who sold i that i wouldnt have a problem as its meant to be 100% road legal.

This stuff has the holes in it, up close its like a honey comb mesh but from a far it looks all black.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T3nnant View Post
    Thanks,
    iv also heard this, i was assured by the dealer who sold i that i wouldnt have a problem as its meant to be 100% road legal.

This stuff has the holes in it, up close its like a honey comb mesh but from a far it looks all black.
    Where did you get it from fella
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

5th Gear

Status
    I can see why you would want to do that from a styling point of view. Do you notice a reduction in light being cast from the headloghts as a result? I need all the light i can get up here, specially in the winter so i need to be careful what I stick on the fronts.CheersA

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Where did you get it from fella
    I got it from Vehicle Light Tinting, Headlight Tints | SPi Vision mate

Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    I can see why you would want to do that from a styling point of view. Do you notice a reduction in light being cast from the headloghts as a result? I need all the light i can get up here, specially in the winter so i need to be careful what I stick on the fronts.CheersA
    i would have went for lights but iv heard a few start to melt or the beam isnt correct so id rather go for the cheaper simpler option.
    Light seems perfectly normal mate!
    No change as i can see, apart from looking tinted
    well worth the price so far

Could also work as a cool window tint if anyone dared to try hah
    Macdoon likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T3nnant View Post
    I got it from Vehicle Light Tinting, Headlight Tints | SPi Vision mate

i would have went for lights but iv heard a few start to melt or the beam isnt correct so id rather go for the cheaper simpler option.
    Light seems perfectly normal mate!
    No change as i can see, apart from looking tinted
    well worth the price so far

Could also work as a cool window tint if anyone dared to try hah
    Yep, I think it may be a good idea to avoid the retro fitted lights....I have read a lot of feedback that although they look good, they don't necessarily perform as well as oem, and therefore that's the reason why I am out!
    That stuff looks ok to me and well worth a tenner. How did it go on....do you use heat and stretch it like standard vinyl wrap?

Cheers
    A

Avantee

Status
    Very nice mate had mine done while back with covex (same thing). Looks spot on
    Attached Images Attached Images

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Have had mine done with lamin x for the past year, just passed MOT again! Looking good fella.
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    just passed MOT again! Looking good fella.
    That's very strange, as I read this in an mot document aswell, maybe the tester was blind lmao, anyway who cares, there problem not yours.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Yep, I think it may be a good idea to avoid the retro fitted lights....I have read a lot of feedback that although they look good, they don't necessarily perform as well as oem, and therefore that's the reason why I am out!
    That stuff looks ok to me and well worth a tenner. How did it go on....do you use heat and stretch it like standard vinyl wrap?
    I was out last night afterdark and to be honest i didnt notice a change in the lights at all. I do have HIds which could play a part in it, but i didnt notice a loss of light.
    It goes on just like a vinal wrap, but as it has holes in... goes on alot easier (no air trapped obv) and soon as your happy with it in place, use a heatgun or hairdryer and go over it pushing it down with a applicator card or something to "activate" the glue apparently.

I washed the car with it on and for now its still stuck haha.

Cheers
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    Very nice mate had mine done while back with covex (same thing). Looks spot on
    Looks awesome on yours mate, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Have had mine done with lamin x for the past year, just passed MOT again! Looking good fella.
    Glad to hear someone passed MOT then haha, i have another year to wait so we will see!