HAS YOUR OIL PUMP FAILED!

vorsprung dork

Reaction score
Starting this thread to try and gain insight as to how bad this problem is and at what mileage we should be looking at sorting our motors before they implode! Please let us know engine code and mileage so we can compile a stickey on this subject. It may even help to get a recall if we stick together!

Starting this thread to try and gain insight as to how bad this problem is and at what mileage we should be looking at sorting our motors before they implode! Please let us know engine code and mileage so we can compile a stickey on this subject. It may even help to get a recall if we stick together!

If you trawl through the existing sticky on the 2.0 tdi oil pump /balance shaft failure on this forum you will see all this kind of thing has been tried before and come to nothing. I have been on the case for two years now, personally written to Audi seven times, engaged some legal advice and the bottom line is the Audi warranty is three years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes earlier. A further point is if your car is over six years old this comes into the legal equation as well................good luck but I honestly believe you are on a wasted crusade.

For your information my engine is a 2005 BLB unit and it was converted to a gear driven unit at circa 68K on the recommendation of my Indy who reported the chain rattle to me on a service.

is this just derv or petrol ?