Load cover on my Avant.......GRRRRRRRRRR

Tiffy

Reaction score
OK, this is me being a little OCD BUT.........

The load cover on my Avant seems to sit in place for a day or so, then all of a sudden i will here it whizz back to its retracted position while driving along.......I like it to be covering the boot.......

BUT

This is the OCD thing kicking in.............You cant see if its rolled out or not as the windows are tinted.....hahahahhahahaaaaaa

But i like it to be rolled out...

Does anyone have a tip to keeping it there?????...........(It must be a common problem as it was the same on my old B5)

hi Tiffy,
This used to happen to me, i think there is a part you can get from audi that screws into the hole to make it a bit tighter fit, i went for a cheepo option which is to wrap some velco the furry side around the bit of protruding plastic on the fabric cover, this seems to hold it in 99% of the time. i might have saved the part number let me search my bookmarks

cheers

matt

edit: nope cant find it, search hard enough and im sure that part will pop up in a thread somewhere

Spot on mate. got to order an ECU cover for the engine bay anyway......And so the list grows

Funny....that drives me crazy too....yet every time the Mrs tries it....it never moves.....think it was designed by a woman....that can be the only explanation! hehehe

Cheers
A

Spot on mate. got to order an ECU cover for the engine bay anyway......And so the list grows

strange thing is mines got it missing to i dont suppose u have the part number for it do u?

The ECU Cover do you mean????...

If so the Part number is -8E2907613D

Reactions: Avnt
Hi only just found this reply again. Im guessing its same. Mines not got any cover over the battery or owt from left to right