JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GeoffDunk

Thread: Wind deflectors & wind noise

1st Gear

Status

Wind deflectors & wind noise

Hey folks

i bought a set of 4 window deflectors from ebay and stuck them on my car on tuesday night.

they look good, but I'm certain there is wind noise at the drivers side which wasnt there before when above 50mph

the style of the fixings on these are basically stick in with a double sided thin tape and there are metal V clips that you push in to the window channel

has any one fitted these to there A4/S4/RS4 and then noticed wind noise ?
    Last edited by Boombastik; 30th May 2013 at 10:04.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I got some hecko ones from ebay, had them fitted to the car for less than a day and took them off & sold them, the noise on the motorway was just too annoying

1st Gear

Status
    yeah its the Hecko ones I purchased as well. ive had deflectors on other cars & can honestly say ive never noticed wind noise after installation before

hmmm im driving to York this weekend so i might end up doing the same as you if it annoys the crap out of me

Neutral

Status
    I have a set on my b5 and have had them on for approximately 6 months now. I find they can cause a bit of noise on motorways but not sufficient for me to remove them.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add GeoffDunk on Facebook
    Guys, what is your reasoning behind fitting them at all?

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

1st Gear

Status
    my reason is that they do deflect the air flow when running with the window open, and I quite like the look of them

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boombastik View Post
    my reason is that they do deflect the air flow when running with the window open, and I quite like the look of them
    I used to fit them for this very reason, but only on cars that didn't have aircon. Since owning cars with aircon, I don't drive with the windows open, so have no need of deflectors.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    That's a valid point. Although I have noticed my A/C isn't very cold. I've certainly had cars where it's been a lot colder. Possibly needing regassed

ill see how I get on driving to York tomorrow if it drives me nuts then they will get removed en route
    Growing old is madetory, Growing up is optional !

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add GeoffDunk on Facebook
    AC should be ice cold if in tip top condition. My point before was why use them if you have AC, my windows are always closed unless I need to hear that V8 soundtrack!
    A4_MaJiK likes this.

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

1st Gear

Status
    I had heko ones on my old Nissan and now my Audi. I have not noticed much different maybe because I never done many motorway miles before I installed them. I like them as you can open the windows a tad when it's raining. Or when it's a hot summers day you could leave all the windows open about a inch and not worry about it raining.

I fitted mine with texflex/tigers seal and removed the crap double sided tape supplied.