Wind deflectors & wind noise

Boombastik

Reaction score
Hey folks

i bought a set of 4 window deflectors from ebay and stuck them on my car on tuesday night.

they look good, but I'm certain there is wind noise at the drivers side which wasnt there before when above 50mph

the style of the fixings on these are basically stick in with a double sided thin tape and there are metal V clips that you push in to the window channel

has any one fitted these to there A4/S4/RS4 and then noticed wind noise ?

Last edited:
I got some hecko ones from ebay, had them fitted to the car for less than a day and took them off & sold them, the noise on the motorway was just too annoying

yeah its the Hecko ones I purchased as well. ive had deflectors on other cars & can honestly say ive never noticed wind noise after installation before

hmmm im driving to York this weekend so i might end up doing the same as you if it annoys the crap out of me

I have a set on my b5 and have had them on for approximately 6 months now. I find they can cause a bit of noise on motorways but not sufficient for me to remove them.

my reason is that they do deflect the air flow when running with the window open, and I quite like the look of them

Reactions: audiwaterpump
my reason is that they do deflect the air flow when running with the window open, and I quite like the look of them

I used to fit them for this very reason, but only on cars that didn't have aircon. Since owning cars with aircon, I don't drive with the windows open, so have no need of deflectors.

That's a valid point. Although I have noticed my A/C isn't very cold. I've certainly had cars where it's been a lot colder. Possibly needing regassed

ill see how I get on driving to York tomorrow if it drives me nuts then they will get removed en route

AC should be ice cold if in tip top condition. My point before was why use them if you have AC, my windows are always closed unless I need to hear that V8 soundtrack!

Reactions: A4_MaJiK
I had heko ones on my old Nissan and now my Audi. I have not noticed much different maybe because I never done many motorway miles before I installed them. I like them as you can open the windows a tad when it's raining. Or when it's a hot summers day you could leave all the windows open about a inch and not worry about it raining.

I fitted mine with texflex/tigers seal and removed the crap double sided tape supplied.

had them on my mk1 vrs and they worked a treat, haven't bothered with them on the b8 as it sort of feels like just another box to tick for the sake of it lol!
Also if I did I certainly wouldn't use the metal clips as they can catch and gash up window tints if you have them :tired:

I had them on an old SEAT Toledo, they were ok. But don't really see the point when you have aircon.
Who drives with any of the 4 windoes open?