Flat bottom steering wheel

b088in

Reaction score
Has anyone changed to a flat bottom steering wheel, if so any pics would be great of possible of the change, seriously thinking about it 😊

Not sure pics would help, once you see on another car its a done deal :p just look at the wheel on the 8P or TT chassis, that will convince you immediately lol

Let me know if of interest as I can supply/fit these :)

I think having seen them on the newer models they look great was just concerned if they would look out of place in the 2006 cabriolet.
I've seen them them with multi function and paddles for anything from £200 to £450 on eBay.
What sort of cost is involved in having this done mate, send me a message if you'd rather ;)

Yes but remember they need an airbag aswell, I'll PM you in a little while.

Cool,
I was under the impression I could use my existing airbag?

Flat bottom uses round airbags, B7 standard are shield shaped, not compatible.

******, need one of them as well then, eBay is always good for this stuff 😬

I take it you can get these wheels without paddles yeah? I've looked at a few in the past but they all seem to have paddles....

Assume that if you already have a MFSW then its a straight swap over?

Iv fitted one to my b7 cab s line think it looks decent, love it
null_zps63a80caa.jpg

That looks the mutts nuts mate :)
If you don't mind me asking, what was the total cost, did you fit it?

I take it you can get these wheels without paddles yeah? I've looked at a few in the past but they all seem to have paddles....

Assume that if you already have a MFSW then its a straight swap over?

Yes more than likely & straight swap usually.

That looks the mutts nuts mate :)
If you don't mind me asking, what was the total cost, did you fit it?
thanks mate, I paid 350 for the wheel airbag and loom off eBay then fitted it myself. iv just got to work out what wires go where to get the MF controls working but needed to get to work, so this will be the weekends job!

Is it easy to fit mate? I guess the loom isn't a simple plug and play!
That seems like a good price for everything, I take it it was new?

NHN can you send me a price too for supply a MFSW with Paddles for a B7 in black thanks

It's pretty straight forward. at the moment iv got the new loom on there, ill have a look at both looms over the weekend, and let you know whats needs changing if you like mate? just had to trim down the plug to get it to fit, it was only fitted to the car for about 3months, so it was secondhand.

So if I fancy a flat-bottomed wheel some time in the near future....?

I have just taken delivery of some Jeff, maybe if SL4VE can have your wheel & I can fit a FBMFSW into yours?

Reactions: jdp1962
NHN can you send me a price too for supply a MFSW with Paddles for a B7 in black thanks

ive got one of these just fitted with paddles but would be interested in a flat bottom if a px deal can be done?

NHN?

ive got one of these just fitted with paddles but would be interested in a flat bottom if a px deal can be done?

NHN?

You'd have to make a deal with SL4VE then if Jeff doesn't, then consider buying from me I guess :)

SL4VE

if your interested let me know and I'll get some proper pics if mine. I paid £250 for it yesterday

I'll get some pics tomorrow, cars parked at my parents house

Anyone know if you can get the flat bottom in blue leather? I can only seem to find black?

Only ever installed black leather fbmfsw's, retrim is the only option.

Thanks, any idea on how much that would cost??

Cant find much in the way of blue trim. Should've got black :banghead:

im still waiting, would love a flat bottom paddle shift wheel with the MFSW controls (in black)

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the feedback, always a gentlemen :)

Hope all working well still :)

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the feedback, always a gentlemen :)

Hope all working well still :)

Made my first call using SDS at the weekend. It's times like this that I wish my dad was still alive. He loved his gadgets, but to him, the height of car sophistication was central locking and electric windows.

Reactions: Sandra, NHN and Amason007
It's times like this that I wish my dad was still alive. He loved his gadgets

Ditto mate, was thinking just the same when I was discussing something with an RS3 owner recently, my dad was far more clever than me at mechanical & electronic systems, he would be in his element these days which is a shame as he would of taught me so much more aswell.

whats the approximate price for fbmfsw fitted? i already have a mfsw