DTM Replica Front Bumpers

jimbooboo

Reaction score
Do 'they' do them? And if so where can I get one? And are they actually any good?

Cheers, James

I'm on the look out for a DTM bumper, a decent rep or an original. Don't really want to pay more than £150 as it would be combined with a front end respray...

Be interested to know if there are any out there. From previous searches there was one rep on ebay... but the grille wasn't removable

I'm on the look out for a DTM bumper, a decent rep or an original. Don't really want to pay more than £150 as it would be combined with a front end respray...

Be interested to know if there are any out there. From previous searches there was one rep on ebay... but the grille wasn't removable

Talking with a little bit of experience on bodykits...please please don't buy cheap....it will be a barstewrad to cut and fit and a ****** to paint up.. and it just won't look right....you will really regret it. Even the kit I bought which was suppose to be one of the better ones, was a complete cnut to fit! Hofele Hofele Design | Tuning & Styling f�r Audi | VW | Porsche & Mercedes-Benz and Caractare kits http://www.caractere.com/index/news/lang/en are regarded the best for quality and fit.....but they are not cheap. After that you got Reiger and then ABT, the further down you get into the reinforced glassfibre kits from Poland which are allegedly rough as a badgers.
Anything cheap will do your head in...trust me.

Cheers
A

Last edited:
Their is a supplier in Bradford who can supply front and rear bumpers. But after being a paint sprayer for nearly 12 years, I would highly recommend avoiding any fibreglass replica (as above) as they are a horrendous fit and tend to need modifying... But even then it won't be a patch on the original. I bought front and rear bumpers for £330 all in (genuine) but required a fitting kit for the front which includes the carbon fibre front splitter. This alone is around £300+ if I remember rightly. In the end I sold the lot as I didn't want a Dtm look alike, even tho I have a special edition. The price for the parts makes it pointless for me even tho it wouldn't cost me a penny to paint. I'd put aside £1000 to get a proper job done, all in. And that's with Audi approved spies hecker paint. :)

Reactions: Molnboman
I wouldn't touch fibreglass anything with a bargepole.. Was hoping there would be some plastic ones about..

I used to have a golf MK4 and polyurehtene R32 rep bumpers were common as muck and good quality too..

Would have though people would be gagging for this lol.

the reps are ****
go oem
£150 will get you a bad damaged 1
then you need carbon splitter and grills
i get them quite offen bumper only or full set. new
or repaired in primer or colour needed with s/h splitter grill etc
or i can have them modded to take the rs4 grill (not the grill mod a bumper mod as below)

That looks so sexy.. Can you PM me if you get one in?

Prefereably one thats not ****ed.

Cheers, James

if its a damaged 1 it would be perfect and stright b4 it was sold
ill pm you when i get some more

Okay cool, how often do you get them in and how much? Oh and are they OEM? (or at least not fibreglass)

Cheers, James

couple a month only oem

the reps are ****
go oem
£150 will get you a bad damaged 1
then you need carbon splitter and grills
i get them quite offen bumper only or full set. new
or repaired in primer or colour needed with s/h splitter grill etc
or i can have them modded to take the rs4 grill (not the grill mod a bumper mod as below)
bez, when will yiu next have a front bumper in? Also can you have them modified to fit the S4 grill in? I would like to keep my s4 grill badge still

Their is a supplier in Bradford who can supply front and rear bumpers. But after being a paint sprayer for nearly 12 years, I would highly recommend avoiding any fibreglass replica (as above) as they are a horrendous fit and tend to need modifying... But even then it won't be a patch on the original. I bought front and rear bumpers for £330 all in (genuine) but required a fitting kit for the front which includes the carbon fibre front splitter. This alone is around £300+ if I remember rightly. In the end I sold the lot as I didn't want a Dtm look alike, even tho I have a special edition. The price for the parts makes it pointless for me even tho it wouldn't cost me a penny to paint. I'd put aside £1000 to get a proper job done, all in. And that's with Audi approved spies hecker paint. :)

Who is the supplier in Bradford? ?

not sure
iv got 2 in the paint shop at the min but there spoke for
yes most get modded for the rs4/s4 grill as mine above
send me a pm and when i get anymore ill let you know.

not sure
iv got 2 in the paint shop at the min but there spoke for
yes most get modded for the rs4/s4 grill as mine above
send me a pm and when i get anymore ill let you know.

Hi, can you still get dtm bumpers?

Bez I'm also interested in a front bumper. If my current dtm front bumper cannot be repaired I want to replace it. Obviously I already read have the grill/ carbon etc so just need a replacement front bumper really.