So I've been contemplating this for a while now and finally managed to get round to doing it in the end. Went to MIJ Performance in Walsall. Heard both good and bad things about them but I bit the bullet and was more than pleased with the results! The boys did a fantastic job and their tig welding was more than impressive.
This was not the setup I was recommended by MIJ and was something I went along with based on the research I did over the past couple of months.
The setup is as follows:
The sound is just as I want it and not intrusive in the cabin when driving normally <80mph. After 80mph there is some resonance in the cabin but not enough to give you a headache (so far). Sounds brilliant when you floor it though! Will see how it sounds after a few hundred miles. Here are some videos and pics of before/after etc.
- Secondary De-cat (didn't have a DPF even though '7GN' code was present on options list).
- 2.5" bore with two rear "mid-sport" silencers.
- 3.5"/90mm rolled in tailpipes (did want slash cut orientated to the contour of the valance/bumper but wasn't available, feel free to suggest some to me).
- Video of original exhaust setup.
- Video of custom exhaust setup (car park).
- Video of custom exhaust setup (outside).