• 1 Post By A4_MaJiK
  • 1 Post By A4_MaJiK

Thread: 3.0 TDI Custom Exhaust [PICS]

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel

3.0 TDI Custom Exhaust [PICS]

So I've been contemplating this for a while now and finally managed to get round to doing it in the end. Went to MIJ Performance in Walsall. Heard both good and bad things about them but I bit the bullet and was more than pleased with the results! The boys did a fantastic job and their tig welding was more than impressive.

This was not the setup I was recommended by MIJ and was something I went along with based on the research I did over the past couple of months.

The setup is as follows:
    • Secondary De-cat (didn't have a DPF even though '7GN' code was present on options list).
    • 2.5" bore with two rear "mid-sport" silencers.
    • 3.5"/90mm rolled in tailpipes (did want slash cut orientated to the contour of the valance/bumper but wasn't available, feel free to suggest some to me).
    The sound is just as I want it and not intrusive in the cabin when driving normally <80mph. After 80mph there is some resonance in the cabin but not enough to give you a headache (so far). Sounds brilliant when you floor it though! Will see how it sounds after a few hundred miles. Here are some videos and pics of before/after etc.

Azeem

Amason007 and gupsterg like this.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    Glad you're pleased with it dude. I wanted tips that curved vertically and horizontally with the bumper but it would've taken hours to fabricate and look right. Did consider getting some tips from a Q7 or similar and checking the contours but never got round to it?

I'm also slightly jealous that you probably paid less than half what I did and all the workmanship is hidden under the car!

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The welding & bends look very good on 1st glance.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy21187 View Post
    Glad you're pleased with it dude. I wanted tips that curved vertically and horizontally with the bumper but it would've taken hours to fabricate and look right. Did consider getting some tips from a Q7 or similar and checking the contours but never got round to it?

I'm also slightly jealous that you probably paid less than half what I did and all the workmanship is hidden under the car!
    If I come across anything I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    The welding & bends look very good on 1st glance.
    Yea definitely some good welding there I think. They even swapped the standard exhaust rubbers for stiffer ones to prevent excessive movement.
    gupsterg likes this.

~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Nice work, Azeem!
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Nice work, Azeem!
    Thanks mate. I'd love to take credit for this work, but I never did it haha

Neutral

Status
    Looks great, how much did that cost if you don't mind me asking?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by astradti16v View Post
    Looks great, how much did that cost if you don't mind me asking?
    £435 but should be getting £25 through the post as they didn't use the mandrel bends in the end. He initially thought they'd need mandrels for the 2.5" bore so charged me £30 extra but only giving me £25 back as he apparently gave me too much of a good deal?!

Neutral

Status
    That's a good price, sounds very nice too!

4th Gear

Status
    Nice work looking good, I had 3.5 slash cut contoured to flush with bumper
    Last edited by V6 Quatt; 29th May 2013 at 19:14.
    gupsterg and A4_MaJiK like this.
    Torque the Torque

4th Gear

Status
    Sounds nice too you seemed pleased 3.0 Quattro rules
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    That's a good price. Looks and sounds awesome!

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by V6 Quatt View Post
    Nice work looking good, I had 3.5 slash cut contoured to flush with bumper
    I so want this! Any idea where I could get one from and was it only slashed in one direction do you know? Looks like it's rotated 45 degrees to match the contour from what I can see. Would love some more information on this please.
    Quote Originally Posted by V6 Quatt View Post
    Sounds nice too you seemed pleased 3.0 Quattro rules
    I HATE the sound of diesel engines, but I never knew they could sound so good!? I love the sound of my car now, except at idle...

Quote Originally Posted by .Jas. View Post
    That's a good price. Looks and sounds awesome!
    Thanks Jas, quite impressive for a diesel I must admit.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

1st Gear

Status
    Looks good to me. I use to work at MIJ performance and to me it looks like a great job. Also for £435 is very cheap. I would of thought it cost about £500 for the work you had done.
    gupsterg and A4_MaJiK like this.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Darren198712 View Post
    Looks good to me. I use to work at MIJ performance and to me it looks like a great job. Also for £435 is very cheap. I would of thought it cost about £500 for the work you had done.
    Yea he did mention I got an ultimate deal and it should have cost £600+ for the work I had done. Don't know how I managed to get such a good price if I'm honest.

1st Gear

Status
    Good lads down there to be honest I will always recommend them. Quality of work is very good.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

gupsterg likes this.

Neutral

Status
    lol love the launch, you must have total confidence in your clutch!! Does sound great for a diesel, i'm pleasantly surprised

Nice work, where are these guys based?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1sch View Post
    lol love the launch, you must have total confidence in your clutch!! Does sound great for a diesel, i'm pleasantly surprised

Nice work, where are these guys based?
    RS4 clutch so should handle the launches no problem lol. They're based in Walsall.
    gupsterg likes this.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Fitted New Exhaust Tips [PICS]

So as you know I was on the hunt for some exhaust tips to suit the rear valance and came across these on eBay:

3.5" Slash Cut Exhaust Tailpipe Stainless Steel 90mm Polished Rolled In Angle | eBay

Had them fitted yesterday with the slash facing outwards on either side to suit the curve of the bumper. It hasn't actually grown on to me yet as from certain angles it looks as though the exhausts are actually facing outwards (which is rather strange). I keep telling myself they're certainly better than before but I'm not fully convinced (yes I'm looking for opinions). Here are some quick snaps from before/after fitting yesterday anyway.

BEFORE

AFTER

1st Gear

Status
    hhmmm as yo usay, they look like they are sticking out at 30 degree angles ?!?

i prefer the first ones

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

4th Gear

Status
    Torque the Torque

4th Gear

Status
    Need pushing in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by g00se View Post
    hhmmm as yo usay, they look like they are sticking out at 30 degree angles ?!?

i prefer the first ones

goose
    Torque the Torque

Neutral

Status
    Cant say i'm a fan, they need rotating so they slope under the car like the standard exhausts do on a 2.0t for example.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've just ordered a pair of the same tips; I'll get my garage to fit them and post a pic in due course.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

God Mode

Status
    Better in the first for me too, maybe slash cut is more suited going vertical, still looks good though. MIJ Performance is just up the road from me may check them out when I get mine done. Either that or ProFlow, basically any company that offers the cheapest deal in or around Birmingham.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

The tips have grown onto me now and I do quite like them. I think they may just look weird from the lower angles but when you're walking around the car they actually look quite nice.