When will it end??????

tuffy

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I bought my 2.0 tdi Avant just before Xmas knowing about the odd potential fault. My gripe here is I don't think I've ever had a car that enjoys throwing warning lights on so much!

Exhaust emission light was the first one to say hello, scanned it, no fault stored
then the glow plug light thought it would have its turn!
The DPF warning light was waiting in line for its turn So then I had the joy of having all three on and the car in limp mode! Scanned again......DPF pressure sensor, lovely nice easy to get to sensor, troubles over...... Replaced it, and believe it or not felt like a completely different car, pulled well, smooth and responsive.

My joy was short lived, about a week I'd say, driving home from in laws last night I thought mmmmm something doesn't feel right here, looked at the dash and there was my old friend the glow plug
warning light flashing happily away at me with the car in..... 'look at the Audi driver with the hazard lights on mode'!!!!

I pulled over, stopped the car, started it and all was fine, although the car just didn't feel the same, bit sluggish and basically just not running how it should
when will this end?????? My tech mate says he may as well leave his lap top permanently pluged in to my car! I love the car but these warning light issues are losing their novelty now!! im not the most patient, Much more and forum members will be able to view pictures of the car....all nine of them on Auto Trader!

Last edited:
What sort of driving are you doing?, ie town, or motorway, I had this on mine and turned out to be a choked dpf, it may need to force a regeneration to clear it?, other options are available to sort this out but recommend finding someone who will run a full VCDS scan for you, where abouts are you located?

I'm fairly rural , so most of our journeys are fairly long. I have forced a re-gen and looked into a DPF delete, just don't know if I can justify throwing £600 at it.
I will scan it AGAIN tomorrow

If there's one thing I've learnt about these cars, is every weekend it needs a good long drive. My car is very low mileage and was owned by a lass in Aberdeen who did short journeys, so i make sure the dpf is fully cleared.

If there's one thing I've learnt about these cars, is every weekend it needs a good long drive. My car is very low mileage and was owned by a lass in Aberdeen who did short journeys, so i make sure the dpf is fully cleared.

i've done around 150 miles in it in the last 2 days along fairly good roads (70-80 mph) Thought that would of cleared it if the DPF is the issue

I've read somewhere that to clean the DPF While driving you need to hold the revs high in the gears for 15-20 mins of driving to clear from memory 3,000 + RPM. Doesn't sound too healthy for the engine for long periods and luckily I've never had to do it. It may help you though.

Your quote for deleting the dpf seems a little high?, I had mine done for half that. The regen needs 2500+ rpm for 20-30 minutes to complete the cycle are you using the full vcds software to isolate the fault or a multi use system?. Ta

Any else tried the wynns dpf cleaner? I ran one at the weekend seems a bit more responsive