Audi A4 2007 Estate Rear Speakers Problem

dolcevita4

Reaction score
Hi, I've come back to this forum after a year or so as I'm proud to be an Audi owner yet again !

Now, I've just bought Audi a4 b7 2007 1.9 TDI (115) estate however, the rear door speakers don't work. Did all models come with rear speakers in? Is it a common problem? What should I look for to get it sorted as the sound is really bad (well just the front speakers are playing).

I'll post the pictures when I get it cleaned, it's my favorite color aswell (on b6 it was dolphin gray, not sure if b7 has the same colors but it seems the same).

Which audi head unit is fitted, is it a chorus?

Yeah no rear speakers then, so would need 1st the rear speakers wired in, rear speakers & different head unit iirc, not the best idea of audi's that's for sure.

dammit, not a fan of that at all as I loved the concert in my b6 ! I'm planning on swapping to RNS-E anyway so I'll just do it all at once. Anything else I should know about, being new to b7 and having owned b6 for some time ? I don't like when the boot cover is rolled out and I'm driving it's making squeeeky noises.. any way round this?

or perhaps I could add some subwoofer as the sound bass is unnoticable !? I've just had a read on that matter and I'm seriouslly ****** off !

Last edited:
Yes you'll also be missing the tupperware sub, so bass will definately be lacking. The amp for the rears is attached to the subwoofer enclosure and feeds the rears and the sub. You will need this plus the wiring loom front to back and you'll need to wire in the rear speakers as there will be no wiring in place. This is not a trivial job as the speaker wiring is part of the multiconnectors on the A pillars for the rear doors. Absolutely crazy cost cutting by Audi on a £20k+ car, must have saved them all of £50

The quickest and easiest way around the squeaky boot cover is to wrap some black insulating tape around the two legs that stick out on either side, they sit tighter in the slots and stop the squeak!!

cool. cheers for the advice guys. I'm gonna slowly work on the car. First service etc. Need to do all of the breaks and also I'd like to gently tint the windows (not limo black) and use silver/chrome window surrounds or whatever these are called. The rubber around my windows is black at the moment, whats the best way to change it to chrome/silver?