New alloys problem

Ash92

Reaction score
Could any one help me i have just purchased some.new wheels for my 5x112 a4 but the wheels i have bought are 5x100. I dont want to get rid of them so is there any chance of fitting them to the car if so what will i need to fit them. thanks in advance

as above or redrill

Have a read up on wobble bolts.

yeah i thought they were 2mm also.

didnt think wobble bolts would allow up to much difference. Thought it was only 2 mm max

I read 110 instead of 100, my mistake :)

I know someone that's used wobbles without any issues & on fairly good/expensive wheels, but no the difference of 12mm is to much I agree.

I know someone that's used wobbles without any issues & on fairly good/expensive wheels, but no the difference of 12mm is to much I agree.

Everyone I know that has ever used wobble bolts ends up having to regularly tighten them back up cause they wobble loose.

Get adapters or get them redrilled them. Seems a safer options than something that's designed to bodge wheels on to a car.

Reactions: CHEZ
Everyone I know that has ever used wobble bolts ends up having to regularly tighten them back up cause they wobble loose.

Get adapters or get them redrilled them. Seems a safer options than something that's designed to bodge wheels on to a car.

Mate of mine has no issues at all, such is life.

However, if it was me, I would just sell & get some that fit correctly, cant be ***** with re-drilling or using adapters.

Does any one no where i can get the adaptors from 112 to 100 i can find the ones up in size but not down

Hi mate, I'm in the very same situation as you, trying to fit 5x100 wheels to my b7 avant
Check the offset of your new wheels. If it is anything around +40, I would think you will get away with buying a set of 15mm adaptors, venom motorsport do them. I bought a set from them, but as my wheels are et35, they were sticking out too far beyond the arches.
I have gone down the road of redrilling the hubs. It's not an easy road to go however, I've had to buy two new front hubs, as the oem ones don't suit redrilling as there is not enough thickness between the original bolt holes to allow new holes to be drilled in between. Confused yet? I will post pictures of progress tomorrow.