2.0 litre TFSI 2005 A4

paul20v

Audi fanatic
Reaction score
Hi
as title are they really bad engines
ive been looking for a nice petrol B6 for a while now and im either missing them or there rubbish and not as described when i get there which is really annoying after a 500mile round trip
so ive been offered a nice looking 2005 s-line B7 with a 54,000 mile 2.0 litre TFSI engine
me being me thou have read so many bad things on these lumps its really put the skids under my purchase as i dont want to be lumbered with a money pit
whats peoples thoughts
thanks
Paul

the engine is a good engine
if looked after
if the belt aint been done get it sorted its ready on years
and just make sure you change the oil offen i always change every 5/6k
pcv can fail cheap fix may need a new DV they can split CTS go offen again cheap and easy fix
useing crap oil and not changeing it offen can and will block the pick up pipe and ****ing the engine
so its worth haveing the sump off new pick up to be safe tho.

the engine is a good engine
if looked after
if the belt aint been done get it sorted its ready on years
and just make sure you change the oil offen i always change every 5/6k
pcv can fail cheap fix may need a new DV they can split CTS go offen again cheap and easy fix
useing crap oil and not changeing it offen can and will block the pick up pipe and ****ing the engine
so its worth haveing the sump off new pick up to be safe tho.

cheers for that
i will ivestigate into the car a little more

Plus 1 with Bez....It's the luck of the draw with the 2.0T FSI engine...there seems to be no logic in the engine codes mentioned in threads and in the general feedback from owners. Some engines ( same codes ) are bullet proof and others drink oil like two strokes! Check out the Honest John website for general feedback on the engines however, FSH, belts being done, recall work done if applicable....and general good nick will be the things to check. Oh and look out for rust at rear quarter panels, back hatch ( avant ) and doors.
Audi A4 B7 2005 - Car Review | Honest John

Cheers
A

Ours is on 65k and good as gold, regular changes on a performance motor is a must plus only buy with a good handful of receipts. We love ours

Reactions: Molnboman
Ours is on 65k and good as gold, regular changes on a performance motor is a must plus only buy with a good handful of receipts. We love ours

Well, my old bus with it's BGB engine has now done over 203,000 km's ( 120k miles plus ) and I have done over 36,000 km's in the last 12 months.....full synth engine juice and filter every 6,000 miles....wether it likes it or not!

Cheers
Allan

Last edited:
Yup, mine has done 97k, no issues here although the DV is making some funny noises so will need doing asap...