Expected costs for fitting lowering springs

alpesh26

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting some 30mm eibachs onto my SE to hopefully get rid of the squidgy ride after fitting 18" wheels. What sort of costs would I be looking at to get them fitted?

Ive had a couple of quotes ranging from £160-260 so I'm not sure what would be reasonable. I'll be warning the garage about the pinch bolt and to take the suspension leg off instead to save time. Apparently the rear springs are a nightmare to change??

They can be a pain in the ****, £200 is about average garage rates for this as long as nothing is still coming or breaks

I'm thinking of putting some 30mm eibachs onto my SE to hopefully get rid of the squidgy ride after fitting 18" wheels. What sort of costs would I be looking at to get them fitted?

Ive had a couple of quotes ranging from £160-260 so I'm not sure what would be reasonable. I'll be warning the garage about the pinch bolt and to take the suspension leg off instead to save time. Apparently the rear springs are a nightmare to change??

I had Eibach 30mm springs fitted to my SE last November. My indie billed me 2.5 hours for the fronts and 1.5 hours for the back. At their rate of £55 per hour, that added up to £220 in all.

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers guys.

Jdp - my a4 is pretty much the same as yours (colour, tints), just different wheels. I wish I had a 3.0tdi and not a puny 1.9!! Yours sits well on the eibachs. I presume you have 18" wheels too, is the ride much harder than the SE springs? What's it's like on bends with the eibachs?

Rides better, corners better, just get it done. Oh, and fit an RS4 rear anti-roll bar too.

(Yes, mine are 18" alloys.)