Help!!! Audi A4 2.0tdi issue

KalEl

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi 170, driving hame last night (late) All of sudden glow plugs warning light on dashboard. Car had loss of power had to slow down for roundabout but couldnt pick up any speed so stopped at side of road. Car was still running but no power quickly switched off engine restarted ok but no power. This morning it started as usual but a few seconds in judders & cuts out WTF Any ideas/suggestions? When I was reving it there was smoke coming out the back couldnt see colour due to time. Just had a new DPF filter fitted less than 3 months ago

Audi has a recall for 170bhp diesel engine injectors so give a main dealer a call with your cars details.

We had the pre-heaters done on our A3 tdi 140. The engine check light came on then, not the glow plug light. Didn't effect the running of the car though so your's could be injectors. A mate had this prob with a Golf tdi and got some injectors from a breakers yard for next to nothing.

Considering the level of smoke and lack of power, ive only seen this on cars with faulty airflow meters or boost pipes popped off.
Where are you based maybe somebody local could check for fault codes with VCDS before sending it into the garage. Have you checked for any abnormalities under the bonnet yet?

Im up the top of Scotland, I foned Audi the previous owner had the injector recall & fixed November 2011 is there any warranty on this part?. I don't know enough about cars 2 look but will get the fault codes & c if a local garage can help. Airflow meters ok is it expensive

Im up the top of Scotland, I foned Audi the previous owner had the injector recall & fixed November 2011 is there any warranty on this part?. I don't know enough about cars 2 look but will get the fault codes & c if a local garage can help. Airflow meters ok is it expensive

I hade a Mass Airflo Meter (MAF) fitted by local indie at my last service for £60. Its literally a 5-10 minute job to fit one .

Well fingers crossed, I can't justify spendin more stupid £s like the dpf. Will update when I find out on Tues.
Thanks 4 the advise

So it was the EGR valve needing replaced, badly clogged up. Just think its rather fishy how the dpf filter was replaced less than 3 months ago & this wasn't picked up. It must of been clogged up then due 2 the faulty dpf it cud of been cleaned bk then
Instead that's about £600-700 down the drain, the amount I've spent in the last few months I have put some serious thought getting rid of the Audi

So it was the EGR valve needing replaced, badly clogged up. Just think its rather fishy how the dpf filter was replaced less than 3 months ago & this wasn't picked up. It must of been clogged up then due 2 the faulty dpf it cud of been cleaned bk then
Instead that's about £600-700 down the drain, the amount I've spent in the last few months I have put some serious thought getting rid of the Audi

A new EGR fitted by an Indy will be around £250, good luck !

The flap was seazed open wudnt budge, I just hope that's it 4 now. Had enough spent on the Audi this year