Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

single din radio to full Audi navigation unit - HELP

Hi, I want to convert my single din Audi Radio to a navigation unit in my Audi A4 B7 saloon. I understand I will need a new cage to house the navigation unit, however will I also need a new climate control unit? or does my existing CC unit just drop down to&nbsp;accommodate&nbsp;the double DIN unit.&nbsp;<br>I am after a complete set up utlisiing my existing MFSW controls and bluetooth. I am in the process of looking for units as we speak. Does anyone know what I need exactly and how easy it is to fit.<br><br>Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah you will need a different climate control unit as the double din one is smaller. As its sits at the bottom rather than having a cubby hole below.
    However I'm not 100% sure but I think you can mod the original. Someone's bound to be along thats in the know.
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzini7 View Post
    However I'm not 100% sure but I think you can mod the original. Someone's bound to be along thats in the know.
    I don't speak from direct experience, but I'm sure I've read on here that the sides of the existing climate control unit can be trimmed to allow the unit to slide down into the lower position, to accommodate the double-DIN cage.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ESD1711 On Twitter Visit ESD1711's Instagram Channel
    This thread might help - its not about nav, but it does cover whats involved with single --> double din, so I'd imagine the work you need to do would be the same.....

Concert II to II+ Possible?

6th Gear

Status
    I have done this........and leave plenty of time for it.

Basically dismantle the whole centre console, replace single with double din cage, then trial and error trimming of centre console to fit, about 3 to 4mm cut off the side of the climate control unit.........then finish putting back together.

Take your time on cutting and remove small quantities at a time and keep rechecking.
    Mike

B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

Neutral

Status
    THanks guys, sounds like its going to be a right royal pain in the arse to do. lol

Ive got my eye on a few units on ebay, so providing I can get one at the right price I will have a double DIN unit. I did find a place on the net that would supply and fit but they insisted I would need a new climate control unit as I couldnt use the one I had now if I wanted a RNSE installed.

If I can trim and fit my existing that would be awesome, does anyone know of anyone who fits these on here? Im based in the MIDs and would pay for the fitting and give a hand where needed etc.