AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: My car so far

1st Gear

Status

My car so far

Thought I would post a few pictures of the car I bought roughly 5 weeks ago now

Its a 2007 2.0tdi 170 sline which came with satnav, 6 disc cd changer, Bose sound system, adaptive xenon DRL headlights, amaretto heated leather leather seats (not sure what audi these came from but was fitted from new) front + rear parking sensors, cruise control, Bluetooth and voice control but don't know how they work lol.

Ive never been very keen on the colour of the seats but got used to them abit now but I expect I'll change them soon.
    Last edited by Audibritz; 22nd May 2013 at 21:01.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Then bought myself the cupra r splitter

Then side repeaters (excuse the scratch gotta have ago at buffing that one out)

I then got some ice white sidelight bulbs and white number plate bulbs from t8ups

1st Gear

Status
    Exhaust before

after a scrub

de-badged the rear

Changed the cigarette lighter out of the b6

1st Gear

Status
    Brakes callipers needed tidying up so done this

Wire brush and brake cleaner

sprayed with Hamerite smooth and some sline decals

I noticed a crack in my front number plate and I'm sure it was my brother with his towbar but he's denying it.

then decided to replace both plates with some German pressed ones

I am WOLF.......

Status
    Looking very nice mate,you've been very busy with great looking results.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got some other small bits and bobs on order from Germany that I'm waiting on. But got a few things on the list like coilovers, alloys, rs4 grill and s4 mirrors but got 2 holidays a stag do and my best mates wedding all in the next 8 weeks so the list will have to go on hold for now

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow sammi On Twitter
    i cant believe the difference in your exhaust! nice simple touches that make a massive difference ;0) looks good

Avantee

Status
    very very smart mate... where did you get the cigarette lighter from. I like how everything is so subtle that you've done but overall makes a big difference... good job bud

A4 Avant B7

LED Rear Lights - Mesh Grill - SLC Splittler - Ice White Fogs - Tints - Devil Eyes - Ambient lighting - LED interior

4th Gear

Status
    Second that .Good work change the exhaust tips to straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by B7_FUR View Post
    very very smart mate... where did you get the cigarette lighter from. I like how everything is so subtle that you've done but overall makes a big difference... good job bud
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    The B6 lighter mod intrigues me, I used to own a b6 and when I got omy b7 I was disappointed that I couldn't flip it out the way

* goes off to scour eBay for a b6 one*

6th Gear

Status
    Quality work fella, car look great, defo need to be doing the lighter mod, damn something else lol
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Gloss black RS4 style mesh grille,fog grilles,splitter trim,A8 boot rings,rear diffuser & door blades.
    Ice White fogs, Tints, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior,satin black exhaust tips, black calipers/red Audi rings.

Neutral

Status
    Really nice car

5th Gear

Status
    Now there's someone with a passion for his car! Very nice work and love some of the wee touches you have done. Like the cigarette lighter delete but I need it for phone charging and my Tom Tom. Did you spray or paint your caliper. Do you mind telling me what brand of product you used. Like those pressed plates..a lot less naughty than the other pseudo Germanic plates I have seen. Well done.

BR
    Allan

Neutral

Status
    very nice mate, how did the led sides and numberplate leds work out? the last i heard was trups didnt have any numberplate bulbs that didnt throw codes

Back from the dead

Status
    Lovely car!

Quote Originally Posted by unitzero View Post
    The B6 lighter mod intrigues me, I used to own a b6 and when I got omy b7 I was disappointed that I couldn't flip it out the way
    Ditto - I always assumed it was an option that my B6 had and B7 didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Like the cigarette lighter delete but I need it for phone charging and my Tom Tom.
    The OP didn't delete, the new one flips out of sight when not required.

If you only use it for charging, on the other hand, i think it's worth installing another one hidden behind the fuse box end panel - I did this for Tomtom - much tidier without the wires trailing over the dash too :-)

5th Gear

Status
    black and tan leather nice :D

loving the flip lighter mod man, thats deffo on a look out for all,audi sport b7 section shall be in bidding wars on ebay haha

4th Gear

Status
    Second that. Any Ideas where to purchase??
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Quality work fella, car look great, defo need to be doing the lighter mod, damn something else lol
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    cheers for the comments guys.

The cig lighter i bought from ebay £11 + p&p. If you cant find one then just email whoevers breaking a b6 because i expect they wont bother listing one as nobody is gonna be after a used cig lighter.

1st Gear

Status
    cheers for the comments guys.

The cig lighter i bought from ebay £11 + p&p. If you cant find one then just email whoevers breaking a b6 because i expect they wont bother listing one as nobody is gonna be after a used cig lighter.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Now there's someone with a passion for his car! Very nice work and love some of the wee touches you have done. Like the cigarette lighter delete but I need it for phone charging and my Tom Tom. Did you spray or paint your caliper. Do you mind telling me what brand of product you used. Like those pressed plates..a lot less naughty than the other pseudo Germanic plates I have seen. Well done.

BR
    Allan
    cheers pal

the cig lighter is still there just flips out. I used silver hamerite spray, masked it all with newspaper and masking tape then bought the sline stickers from ebay. The plates are from a dude from ebay that ive used before. used his plates on my old vw bora for 2 years without being pulled over either

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie170 View Post
    very nice mate, how did the led sides and numberplate leds work out? the last i heard was trups didnt have any numberplate bulbs that didnt throw codes
    He supplied me with the LED sidelights and the number plate ones are just normal bulbs that are more white than the standard orange colour. give him a mesage im sure he will sort you out like he did with me.

Sam

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audibritz View Post
    cheers pal

the cig lighter is still there just flips out. I used silver hamerite spray, masked it all with newspaper and masking tape then bought the sline stickers from ebay. The plates are from a dude from ebay that ive used before. used his plates on my old vw bora for 2 years without being pulled over either
    Thanks yeagh, I saw the other positing about the cigarette lighter...that's very cool and thanks for the caliper info. Very useful. Cheers A

Neutral

Status
    Ah I see, still look good like, I'm getting the drl from him soon as he gets them in I can't wait, u know your pic with your fogs lit up, is that just your drl on above that ? It looks like sidelights and drls, I thought the drl appear more circular

He supplied me with the LED sidelights and the number plate ones are just normal bulbs that are more white than the standard orange colour. give him a mesage im sure he will sort you out like he did with me.

Sam

5th Gear

Status
    just seen the lighter on ebay but it lights up blue my interior lights are red, what colours yours?

5th Gear

Status
    Very nice work, I think you need to be over here too. Detailing

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    just seen the lighter on ebay but it lights up blue my interior lights are red, what colours yours?
    My interior is red too but I don't think it lights up? I'll check tonight when it's dark

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    That's a nice car you have there. I have to say, I really like the Amaretto leather seats.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Very nice work, I think you need to be over here too. Detailing
    I need to get in there for advice I'm clueless when it comes to cleaning haha

I bought this maguiers "clay bar" the weekend that I seen people use but ain't bothered opening it yet as I don't know what I'm doing

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I need to get in there for advice I'm clueless when it comes to cleaning haha

I bought this maguiers "clay bar" the weekend that I seen people use but ain't bothered opening it yet as I don't know what I'm doing
    It's easy to use, but make sure you follow the instructions carefully, and take care not to drop it on the ground. You will love the results.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Just a little update really but thought I would share what I've done, picture quality is awful (iPad camera)

RS4 pedals, got them from Germany but need the dead pedal now and a new foot mat wouldn't go a miss as it looks worse for wear.

Finished off the the rear calipers

Replaced the wipers for some genuine audi ones as my old Bosch ones was too noisy screechy and a little worn.

Changed the rear tips to 3" straight ones.

Seen some chap on here use Meguiars PLAST X on his rnse so had ago on mine and worked a treat

5th Gear

Status
    Your doing well.....nice stuff there....that plastic clean up looks impressive. I love those seats to bits....just the colour. They are dyeable....seen it on another thread and the results were impressive.
    Keep up the modding Matey.

BR
    A

1st Gear

Status
    It's been a while since I've updated

S4 mirrors

Weitec 50/50 lowering springs

Audi a4 b5 front spring cups

Rear

Front

LED rear number plate bulbs

Difference

White fogs I bought from t8ups on here

Changed the interior to LED

Should be getting some wheels over the next few weeks, I'll post some better pics once I get them fitted on there

Sam
    V6 Quatt likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Nice work good to see the progression
    Torque the Torque

5th Gear

Status
    Nice. RNSE came out a treat good work!
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, S Badge, LED np lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s. Next Oval tailpipes/alloy Respray/discs/pads

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

Neutral

Status
    Your Audi is looking really good. Spotted a few mods I've done myself, and a few I might need to pinch from you. :D

Neutral

Status
    How did you change the exhaust tips?

1st Gear

Status
    Wheels came about 2 weeks ago, went for the 3sdm 0.06 18" 9.5 all round

Stretched 225/40/18 Toyo T1R proxes tyres on them

Pictures are terrible and the rain didn't help hopefully get some half decent snaps off my drive somewhere next week.

Sam
    V6 Quatt and bowen like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Nice work, good to see another Black A4 Wheels and ride height perfect..any more planned mods?
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V6 Quatt View Post
    Nice work, good to see another Black A4 Wheels and ride height perfect..any more planned mods?
    Cheers pal, I'm on the hunt for an RS4 grill, carbon fibre trims ( set popped up on eBay for £170 buy it now or best offer but went with the £150 offer and before I knew it someone bought it straight away, should of pressed buy it now at that price but I was being stingy lol. Other then that I'm looking for a RS4 gearknob and maybe the RS4 steering wheel but don't fancy paying £500 for one. It's in for a service at the end of the month and hoping to get a remap + dyno the day after (Tryed ringing that badger5 on here no answer left my number but didn't hear anything so might go somewhere else

4th Gear

Status
    Try Unicorn....good reviews on his work for custom mapping
    Torque the Torque

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast