Thank fk for a V8!

ricostuart

Reaction score
So I was driving home tonight, and some pr*ck in a Merc estate was tailgating me (I mean I couldnt see the bottom of his windscreen and it has a long bonnet!!), so I did a slight brake-check on him (I pressed enough for lights to come on, but not to slow down) to get him to back off, and I was preparing to take a slip road off the motorway, as well as preparing to slow down for a car in front. He decided to pull to my inside (undertake) onto the slip road and tried to side-swipe me off the road! I put on the brakes hard - abs kicked in, wheels locked slightly and ended up at 0mph on the motorway very briefly before hard accelarating away. This guy was beside me all the time. He was shouting and shaking his fists, etc out the window. I managed to get onto the slip road which ends up at a roundabout with 2 lanes. I tried to let him go ahead (although he kept trying to slow/speed up to keep beside me). Then he started to follow me and swerve in and out of his lane behind me round the round-about then kept going along a dual carrageway into my town. So I thought fk this, this is crazy, so as there was some traffic, i used the full power of the car, and lost him. Hid away for a while at a friends garage as I think he kept trying to follow me.

If i had a lower powered car, there was no way I wouldnt of been smashed off the road by the guy. Seriously, I was actually driving home from uni (35-40 mins drive) at a constant cruise control 70mph and I always (where possible) stay in the left lane. People probably say I shoudlnt have brake-checked the guy, but when they are that close, you cant do nothing. I was suprised to see no marks on my bumper. Cant believe how close he was!

Anyway, rant over! So glad my daily driver is my S4! :D

People been saying I should have called them, but I was concentrating too much on the road. Plus, if I let him follow me, he would more then likely of damaged the car. Not having that! :D

You did the right thing, kept going on your way home and lost the a** hole in the process, I can't believe some people, it makes a lot of sense having a powerful car, you don't need it 90% of the time but when you do it there to get you out of trouble...

I hope your ok and the car are ok and your not too shaken by the experience

Reactions: V6 Quatt
You did the right thing, kept going on your way home and lost the a** hole in the process, I can't believe some people, it makes a lot of sense having a powerful car, you don't need it 90% of the time but when you do it there to get you out of trouble...

I hope your ok and the car are ok and your not too shaken by the experience

Thanks mate, car is good as am i. Tbh, not all that shaken - annoyed yes, but not shaken. Was mostly calm - if i wasnt I probably would have done something stupid like get angry or something. I have always been an advocate of having a powerful car. Not needing day by day, but to safely overtake, or get out of trouble. Thank god this S4 is awesome. I'm also very glad to spending so much of my time and money in making this car as good as it can be! :D Its certainly deserving in some upgrades as a treat! ;)

Reactions: ukdan