EM TuningAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

SD card not playing

Hi all

ive copied music from my itues library onto a 4g SD card......All playes fine via the SD slot on the laptop, but comes up as unknown files on the rns-e......What have i done wrong????

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I think RNS-E can only read max 2gb cards.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

2nd Gear

Status
    +1 on that.
    make sure its a SD not SDhc card and max 2GB capacity

2005silver A4 2.0T FSI quattro S-line (saloon)
    18'' alloys,RNS E,Silicone Tip,MTEC brakes,HEL steel braided brake lines,H&R springs (45mm)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow sammi On Twitter
    they are an absolute arse, from memory im sure you can only fit a maximum of 512 songs on and only use up to a 4g sd only card not a sdhc. im sure they can only be read in mp3 format too. i tune my walkman is a good programme for syncing i tunes to the sd card

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Are they MP3 for a start.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    You might have to re-format the card, iirc FAT32
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Not sure on maximum size of card but mine is 2GB and works just fine. I do know the following however:

1. FAT32 format as mentioned above.
    2. Filenames exceeding 64 characters will not be displayed and therefore cannot be played. I use a program called File Renamer (I think) to address this issue as it allows you to automatically delete characters and shorten filenames to 64 characters on less.
    3. MP3 format files as mentioned above.
    4. Sometimes it will display the file but won't play it (just skips it) as it doesn't like the bitrate. I use another program for this (think it is called Bitrate Changer) and increase the bitrate (I think >256kbps is sufficient).
    HTH, Azeem.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks to everyone that helped..... all sorted, hadn't converted to mp3 before i put it on the card. doh!!!!

5th Gear

Status
    In all those replies we've had all the usual suggestions - both correct and incorrect. Just to clear up the incorrect ones:

- the SD card MUST be an SD card and not an SDHC card. This means that the max size is actually 4GB - BUT finding a 4GB SD card now is like looking for rocking horse poo (the vast majority are actually SDHC cards, despite what the adverts say).

- all fixed bit rates up to 320kbps can be played, plus VBR files

- the limit isn't simply 512 songs, 512 is the total of songs plus folders (plus playlists if you use them)
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    In all those replies we've had all the usual suggestions - both correct and incorrect. Just to clear up the incorrect ones:

- the SD card MUST be an SD card and not an SDHC card. This means that the max size is actually 4GB - BUT finding a 4GB SD card now is like looking for rocking horse poo (the vast majority are actually SDHC cards, despite what the adverts say).

- all fixed bit rates up to 320kbps can be played, plus VBR files

- the limit isn't simply 512 songs, 512 is the total of songs plus folders (plus playlists if you use them)
    Easiest way to convert from CD to MP3

1. Open Windows Media Player on your laptop/desktop computer.
    2. Place your CD in your CD/DVD drive. It will auto load and tracks will appear.
    3. Move your mouse and place Pointer (arrow) on your screen over the Top bar of Window Media Player, then Right click. Select TOOLS, then OPTIONS. Click RIP MUSIC. In RIP SETTINGS (FORMAT) select MP3 from drop down menu.
    Also change where you want to save your music. by default it should go into your Music folder.
    Click on APPLY at bottom then OK.
    4. Back in your Windows Media Player playlist of your chosen CD, click RIP MUSIC. It will now rip the music to MP3 format into your music folder.
    5. From your music folder, copy and paste Your new MP3 format music to your SD card.
    6. It should now play in your car.

Very simple. Once you followed this once it will all make sense.

Enjoy!
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9Tdi Sport
    Audi A4 convertible 2.0T FSI S-Line