Badger5EM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Rnse coding help

I recently bought an Rnse(prt no 8P0 035 192 T) and finally got round to installing it today I upgraded from a symphony 2. I bought my lead from kufatec and specified Bose, mfsw, no cd changer etc. I checked the kufatec lead and the Bose Wires position seemed to correspond with the sticker on the Rnse.

I have coded channel 37 to 0309755, I wanted to code 0xxx5xx but telematic europa was not available on VCDS for some reason so I opted for 7. Also channel 77 to 001xxxx (my actual code is 0011622) to enable telephone and added 4 to the value in channel 62 for nav on dis. It all seems to be working fine apart from I still see gala in sound settings, I thought Bose disabled this, and does this mean Bose isn't setup correctly? Also does anyone know why i cannot pick telephone Europa in channel 37? I thought i needed this for correct function of Bluetooth, but it seems to work so not quite sure what it is for.

Thanks in advance

Matt
    Audi A4 2lt 170 TDI Quattro s-line, B7, BRD engine code. Mods so far; cruise control, DPF delete, EGR delete, unicorn remap, B5 perches, RS4 rear arb, RNSE with SDS, 2013 maps with speed cams, aux in, powermax remanufactured balancer, Sachs SRE organic clutch and pressure plate with LUK flywheel. Mods to do; s4 break upgrade, glove box fridge perhaps...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Ok so a little bit of searching this morning I think I missed this part Channel 8, this should be set to 255 which will remove DSP from the RNS-e and enable the Audiopilot for the Bose. I have red some bad reports about autopilot what are people's experience with it and leaving this coding out will that not just disable it?

And it looks like 7 is fine for telephone.

Cheers

Matt
    Audi A4 2lt 170 TDI Quattro s-line, B7, BRD engine code. Mods so far; cruise control, DPF delete, EGR delete, unicorn remap, B5 perches, RS4 rear arb, RNSE with SDS, 2013 maps with speed cams, aux in, powermax remanufactured balancer, Sachs SRE organic clutch and pressure plate with LUK flywheel. Mods to do; s4 break upgrade, glove box fridge perhaps...

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew999 View Post
    Ok so a little bit of searching this morning I think I missed this part Channel 8, this should be set to 255 which will remove DSP from the RNS-e and enable the Audiopilot for the Bose. I have red some bad reports about autopilot what are people's experience with it and leaving this coding out will that not just disable it?

And it looks like 7 is fine for telephone.

Cheers

Matt
    Your codings are correct.

Audiopilot isn't diabled even when the head unit coding is wrong (it's done in the amp not in the head unit). The only time I've ever had a a problem is when the car has been left in direct sun on a HOT Summer day - the mic overheats and measures the interior sound incorrectly which makes the volume level "hunt" up and down until the mic cools down.

For me it's only happened twice in over 8 years of having Audiopilot fitted Audis - not something I'd see as a problem given how well it works the other 99.93% of the time!
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reassurance Dave, I have red mixed reports on autopilot but I'll give it a go.

Next up Oem aux install under arm rest and SDS.

Cheers

Matt