Possible Multitronic problem?

rickyh88

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2007 Audi A4 S-Line 7-speed multitronic with 40k on the clock.

I purchased it yesterday but when driving home the following problem occured....

I was driving around 70mph in 'S' mode, slowed for a bend and when attempting to speed up to 70 again it kind of did nothing... It was in 4th and would not go past 3000 revs, I shifted into manual mode and still it would not go past 3000revs and for every upshift i lost 500 revs. When I would put my foot down I would get a whoosh of air (presumably the turbo? I have no mechanical knowledge) but I would not get the pull with it. It was last serviced at 32k, I don't know if the gearbox oil has been changed as it has only just reached the milestone, could a low level be causing this? It was not in limp mode. When I turned the car off and on again it sorted the problem but its obviously something I want to know now so I can take it back to the dealer or claim on the warranty.

thanks.

An oil change can't hurt, and it will eliminate it from the list of possibles.

​Hi Ricky, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure the guys and girls will help you out. We are all pretty helpful and friendly in here. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Same happens with mine, been told it's the air flow sensor.