Blown pipe off EGR Valve? PICS

Boro&Beth

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was driving earlier and experienced a loud pop, like a pipe coming off. Followed by a serious lack of power and a noise I can only describe as loud, exhaust, sounded a bit like a V8 Cobra lol.

Anyway, when I lifted the bonnet I noticed a metallic pipe had popped out of what I think is the EGR Valve?

Pics below.

Is this pipe meant to be securely attached or is it just a push in? It took a bit of effort to get it back into position but I'm not convinced it won't come out again!

I've attached 3 pics. It's the copper looking pipework on the bottom left of the engine as you look at it.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 410
  • Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Photo3.jpg
    Photo3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 482
Not an expert.... but pretty certain that pipe should be attached to the flange... ie welded.
Hopefully that can be done, otherwise it looks like a replacement

Happend to me a few years ago, it was taken off an welded for about £80 if I recall and lasted years after that.

This happened to mine whey I first brought it, the pipe cracked from the Manifold to the EGR cooler where the Zig Zag is. The pipe was part of the EGR cooler and was expensive so I ended up getting a EGR delete remap from Unicorn Dev. great service!

after that I had to blank of a few pipes and do a bit of plumbing. I had to blank off the manifold pipe and blank out the EGR valve. I also removed the EGR cooler as once the egr has been removed the cooler does nothing.