Concert II to II+ Possible?

Wigmund

Reaction score
My first post! I've managed to treat myself to a A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S-line (2006) last month, but am keen to replace\upgrade the currently fitted radio as it has a damaged volume knob and some other button legends are a bit 'chipped'. I have a standard Concert II fitted but have the opportunity to fit a Concert II+, however questions arise: Is this possible? What about the 'rails' for fitting the stereo with the extra height needed? Are the connections the same? Would it have to be done professionally? Do I need anything apart from the head unit? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

You would need to do a dash conversion from single to double DIN, many articles on this. Basic requirements are the new double din cage, double din ashtray and cover. You need to mod the heater controls to drop down, remove the center console and modify that to accept the new cage and ashtray.

After that it's a new wiring adaptor for the concert II+ and some antenna adaptors to convert the HF/ZF to 2x HF connections for the II+

Should be good to go then.

If your competent then go for it, but including myself there are many people on here that could do it for you. I'm based in the NW

Thanks for the prompt reply! Sounds more involved than I thought... I'm based in the SW so if there's anybody in that area that could help... In the meantime I'll have a look at the articles (any recommended?) and try and source\price the bits required! Thanks.

What are the differences between the II and the II+?

i.e are there enough differences to warrant that amount of work? Or does it actually not as bad to do as it sounds?

Its true there's not much difference (as far as I known), only aesthetically, but I was given a Chorus II+ for fitting if I want when I bought the car... but you're right it does seem like a lot of work and I've still not found a good Step by Step guide and parts list that I would need before starting. Its annoying because its holding up my purchase of a Dension Gateway Pro BT, which is what I definitely want to install, but it has different models for the Concert II and Concert II+ :unsure:

So, can anyone post a link to a good step by step guide for the double DIN conversion for my Audi A4 B7?

Always makes me laugh when people buy parts on ebay for more than the dealer costs.

The guy has paid £60 for a part that costs about £40

You can't use your existing cover if you swap ashtrays which I strongly recommend as there will be a gap with a single din ashtray in a double din conversion.

So I'm hoping this is a good start for the cage: Vrvws Audi A4 /s4 /rs4 Double Din Cage Genuine 8e0858005f Fits B6 B7 A4 | eBay but I'm a bit worried about the ashtray... what part number should look for and can I use my existing cover, because its brushed metal?

Still need help on this guys... To do the double DINupgrade I need the following:
1. Concert II+ Radio (done!)
2. Double DIN cage
3. Double dib Ashtray (with brushed metal lid…)
4. Wiring Adapter for the radio
5. Antenna adapters
Where would you suggest I get these parts and how? And hasanyone written a good guide for what needs to be done?
I’m keen to put some effort in and make this happen…otherwise I’ll admit defeat and simply get the Denison Bluetooth module I needand sell the radio on ebay or swap it for a good condition Concert II – anyone?
Thanks.

1. Concert II+ Radio (done!)
2. Double DIN cage - ebay or scrapyard/breakers
3. Double dib Ashtray (with brushed metal lid…) - you don't need an ashtray, you need the bit that fits behind the ashtray, i just cut mine down
4. Wiring Adapter for the radio - kufatec.de OR ebay
5. Antenna adapters - i got the adapter from kufatec that came with an adapter for teh antenna, but decided not to go further, as it requires changing everything. So only one is connected, i found that it doesn't make much difference, and rarely loses signal, you do get an error in VCDS though

hope that helps

Alex