Cruise control Question

Chris-Vspec

Reaction score
Hi all

i have just ordered from Audi a cruise control stalk and under cowl for the b7 to retro fit cruise, I have mfsw and dis so assume I don't need updated module.

i am an amateur mech, how easy is this to fit, are there any guides available, I did a search on here and didn't find anything.

also I understand it needs coding, is there anyone on the south coast Bournemouth area that could possibly help with this?

thank you

Just fitted CC myself last night; make sure you order the two screws to hold the stalk in place and that's the only hardware you'll need to install it - got my kit from TPS £67 all in. Fitted and coded in 45minutes; job done.

I have VCDS to code - I'm in Swindon though......?

Just fitted CC myself last night; make sure you order the two screws to hold the stalk in place and that's the only hardware you'll need to install it - got my kit from TPS £67 all in. Fitted and coded in 45minutes; job done.

I have VCDS to code - I'm in Swindon though......?

swindon is not undo able I was there last weekend!! Took Sammi to the outlet village.... Didn't buy a thing, enjoyed the drive though. I'm off to collect it now so will see if they have the screws in stock

Let me know if you want to travel up; can do this evening, maybe tomorrow or an evening next week except Friday - away til Tuesday after that....

I would have loved to have come up this afternoon but the weather here has been rubbish so I haven't had a crack at fitting the parts, knowing me it would take ages. Audi also didn't stock the tiny screws you spoke about although he did say that it listed them already on the car so they didn't think I would need them

Like others have said its dead simple once you have the correct info. Some top chaps on here helped me and bar the clutch switch that I needed to replace it would have took less than an hour to do.

I'm too far away or else id help you.

I needed the screws with mine; the CC stalk hangs off the indicator stalk and is secured to the assembly with them. Feel free to give me a shout when you're ready :)

When I bought the stuff from Audi I got the 2 screws with the stalk.