Volks AutosChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel

3.0TDI Saloon Braided Brake Hoses

Gonna be doing a bit of work to my brakes in the near future so thought I may invest in some braided brake hoses for better pedal feel. Wanted to get the HEL ones but they don't list one for the saloon only the avant.

Do the saloon and avant have the same brake setup? Something gives me the idea the rears may be bigger/vented.

Does anybody know if the kit would still fit correctly or not?

Has anyone already upgraded their brake hoses on a saloon 3.0TDI?

I did find a kit that Goodridge do however it appears to be a generic kit for 8E A4 (B6&B7) so don't think it'd fit too great. Anyone purchased this kit before?

Thanks, Az.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I have upgraded to braided hoses when I changed and upgraded to drilled and grooved discs including new ferredo pads. My brake hoses were made to order by lister and sons cost £17 for a pair (with a choice of colures too )Better pedal feel and better cooling less brake fade
    Torque the Torque

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by V6 Quatt View Post
    I have upgraded to braided hoses when I changed and upgraded to drilled and grooved discs including new ferredo pads. My brake hoses were made to order by lister and sons cost £17 for a pair (with a choice of colures too )Better pedal feel and better cooling less brake fade
    Sounds like a good setup. I'll be getting MTEC discs grooved/dimpled (mainly for aesthetics) then most likely EBC Redstuff pads all round. Just thought I'd get braided hoses too while I'm at it. Not too sure what colour though. Are they with stainless steel fittings and did you have to give sizes/dimensions? Whats the fit like on yours and did you get all four?

Thanks, Azeem.

~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Just had a look on the Euro Car Parts website for brake hoses and it looks as though there is only one type of hose for the 3.0TDI that Pagid do. I'm inclined to think the brake hoses may be the same for both. Therefore might just go for the HEL kit even though it says it is for the Avant model.

What colour hose would you suggest for Sprint Blue with Black Calipers (redstuff pads) and hyper silver RS4 wheels? I was thinking maybe transparent blue?

Audi A4 HEL brake line kit - Discounts at Motorsport World

4th Gear

Status
    Yes with Stainless Steel fittings. These guys are professionals and have been around for years supplying to motorsport. I paid £75 for a set from Awesome last year when I used to own my 2.0 TDI Sline. Well worth checking them out here's the website: James Lister & Sons Online
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Sounds like a good setup. I'll be getting MTEC discs grooved/dimpled (mainly for aesthetics) then most likely EBC Redstuff pads all round. Just thought I'd get braided hoses too while I'm at it. Not too sure what colour though. Are they with stainless steel fittings and did you have to give sizes/dimensions? Whats the fit like on yours and did you get all four?

Thanks, Azeem.
    Torque the Torque