Bye bye chrome

ESD1711

Reaction score
Fairly productive day had today getting rid of all the chrome bits on my car.

Having toyed with whether to go with plasti-dip or not, I opted to get my mate to do it in vinyl instead.

Well chuffed with how it came out - mate did an awesome job and the car looks a lot better for it :)

Just got the back badges to sort out tomorrow now.

null_zps6abc7e62.jpg

null_zps38dcf882.jpg

null_zps20a524bb.jpg

null_zpse1e692d7.jpg

null_zps2d64427e.jpg

Reactions: CHEZ
That looks a bang tidy job there, did he wrap the front badge as well, it looks fair well, I would say you need a very sharp blade and a very steady hand when trimming the excess?

Cheers guys :)

Yeah he's made a good job of it - he's awesome at what he does. You really wouldn't know to look at it that it's vinyl, the grill just looks like black plastic.

He was gonna give the badges a bash, but the three little right sections where the rings cross over woulda been tricky so I decided just to buy the rings separately, saved a lot of hassle.

Nah I'm gonna leave the rails as is. Shines up top and shines down bottom when I finally get my wheels on. Don't wanna go overboard with the black.

Cracking job you've done there, Dude! Looks SO much better without the chrome. I've always spent time de-chroming my cars if they come with any. The results speak for themselves on your car, ..AWESOME! Paula :wub: xx

Reactions: ESD1711
Cracking job you've done there, Dude! Looks SO much better without the chrome. I've always spent time de-chroming my cars if they come with any. The results speak for themselves on your car, ..AWESOME! Paula :wub: xx

Awwww thanks, but I can't take any credit for anything other than changing the badges.

All credit goes to Keith at The Sign Shop in Bathgate - it's his handywork :)

Awwww thanks, but I can't take any credit for anything other than changing the badges.

All credit goes to Keith at The Sign Shop in Bathgate - it's his handywork :)

Whether it was time or money you spent having it done, Dude, ..the credit IS indeed YOURS! Looks fab! :wub: xx

Reactions: ESD1711