Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Joe Clooney
  • 1 Post By CHEZ
  • 1 Post By Joe Clooney

Thread: Dolphin Grey S-line Tdi Avant

Neutral

Status

Talking Dolphin Grey S-line Tdi Avant

hi guys, decided to do a quick post of my b7 1.9 tdi avant. I bought this car back in dec 2010 and have always wanted an audi avant, after having a handful of Honda, Peugeots, (prefer to forget them!!) a mk4 golf, Passat and g60 corrado. my wife uses this as her dailty drive to work, about 110 miles round trip, so the miles have crept up a bit since I got her, currently at 123k miles. so hoping to buy a smaller car for my wife in September, I have began to slightly modify the avant and hopefully over the next 6-12 months will have something quite nice for my weekend runabout!! enough of the chit chat,heres some pictures. first up some pics of when I first bought it

so yesterday I decided to give the engine bay some love and attention. fitted new battery panels under window, rs4 cover around washer bottle and cover on lhs over air con pipes. then decided to give the engine cover a lick of paint. just need to pick up some new rings which were missing since I bought the car. also got new Porsche 911 oil and coolant caps, so will give the engine cover another coat of paint and fit the caps over the long weekend.

[
    Last edited by Joe Clooney; 3rd May 2013 at 22:08.
    CHEZ likes this.
    2007 Dolphin Grey B7 Avant 1.9 115 S Line

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    apologies about the pictures uploading all over the place, don't know whats going on!!! will try sort it out!

6th Gear

Status
    Looking great fella, i have a Dolphin Grey saloon, love it . Get some Black badges on there
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

moderately amusing

Status
    very nice!
    do not forget to vote!
    AUDI A4 B6 or B7 which is the best looking?
    crazy88 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for comments lads, hopefully will have more updates in the next two weeks or so. Coilovers, new wheels. Also got a front number plate blank, it's satin black with two black lines, looks well. Will post more pictures on Sunday/Monday.

Neutral

Status
    well guys, sorry about the delay in updates, been very busy in work and new baby at home so I am well occupied lately!!!

anyways, just a quick update on fitting the 5x100 wheels to the avant. I decided to go with redrilling the hubs. I whipped off the wheels and discs to have a look at see. the rears were going to be no problem, but the fronts were going to be a problem, as the oem ones were recessed between the bolt holes, so there would never be enough thickness to drill and tap and for it to be strong enough. so I thrawled the net for a solution, and in the end, I ordered two new febi bilstein front hubs, which were the same thickeness all the way around.

then I decided to use the hub adaptors I had bought to originally fit the wheels as a template for drilling the new holes.

I hope you can make out what way I done this from the pictures. basically, I had some spare wheel studs, I drilled a hole down the centre of these, then bolted the hub adaptor to the new hub.

then screw in the wheel bolts, drill down through the new hub, then screw out the wheel stud and move onto the next hole. then drill out all the way to 12.5mm and tap M14x1.5

and heres the finished hubs all drilled out and tapped. just have to finish off the rears, possibly next weekend and hopefully have pics of the wheels on the car soon!!
    thanks for looking.
    ScottD3 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Superb Joe, keep the updates coming!!