Chilled glove box

tuffy

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm going to remove my glove box so I can fit the gps antenna for the rns-e, I was also thinking of doing the chilled glove box convertion as i have the glove box out . has anyone done this??? And is it definitely possible to do???

Reactions: James160761
yes 2 ways
proper fridge
or just the pipe and pop the hole out in the glovebox
very easy to do

not off hand but if you call in to your local audi thay will sort you them out no problem

When you mentioned propper fridge, what actually do you mean? And what's the difference between the two methods??

if you just use the pipe it cools the full glovebox

proper fridge

Cool! (see what I did there? Lol) thanks for that mate. I'll give the dealers a ring in the morning.

Let us know what the dealers say and what kinda prices they quote you mate, as this is something i'd been keen on but hadnt gotten around to looking in to - so you can save me some work here lol

It's a kit the dealer provides, mine was around £50 if I remember correctly. Get the optional tray too otherwise your glovebox will develop mildew.

ive got the 6 disc changer in mine so will it still fit?

This will help.Its to do a b8 though, but will give you an idea.
AudiEnthusiasts Glove Box Cooler

Dont forget that it can heat the box as well as its dependant on your temperature setting for the whole car. Personally i wish that it was available for the b8, as well as having a cooling vent in the boot area both individually controlled. A bit irrelevant in any case as audi has poor aircon...just not cold enough

Reactions: ESD1711
looks like a choc bar n can of coke would fill that fridge lol

Hi,
Will keep an eye on this thread as I would of liked that option on mine when I bought it, any prices and pt. no.s will be greatly appreciated bud.

Watch the prices rise......just like the Cupra splitters!! Lol

I have been looking on EKTA, looks like you may have to fit an additional pipe to feed the refrigerated glove box, but it looked simple enough, once the gove box is removed.
Anybody got any prices yet?

This will help.Its to do a b8 though, but will give you an idea.
AudiEnthusiasts Glove Box Cooler

Dont forget that it can heat the box as well as its dependant on your temperature setting for the whole car. Personally i wish that it was available for the b8, as well as having a cooling vent in the boot area both individually controlled. A bit irrelevant in any case as audi has poor aircon...just not cold enough

even if i have mine on full heat the box stays cold

I have been looking on EKTA, looks like you may have to fit an additional pipe to feed the refrigerated glove box, but it looked simple enough, once the gove box is removed.
Anybody got any prices yet?

as my post 2
it does need a pipe to feed the box

as my post 2
it does need a pipe to feed the box
+1

You need 2 parts - a pipe (which fits in place of a bung into the side of the aircon) and a vent (that fits in the back of the glovebox and allows you to turn off the cold air in the Winter).

Hi,
Just found this thread, it has some quite good links in it and covers prices and pt. no.s though I would get the pt. no.s confirmed as they might well be LHD.

If you want to cool the whole glove box then this is what you need:

Home Page > ECS News > Audi B6/B7 Refrigerated Glove Box Kit

Or if you want the box and pipe, i believe you need this:

AC2

and this

AC3

But pls dont quote me on this, as I think these are US pics/part numbers !!

goose

Last edited:
Well I ordered the parts to do the Glovebox chiller/cooler today from my local Audi main stealer.
Ordered,
Air Hose - Pt. No. 8E2816311 - £6.08
Outlet - Pt. No. 8E08207014PK - £16.26
Light - Pt. No. 8E0947415 - £7.36
Cool Box - Pt. No. 8E2862807A6PS - £76.87
These prices are discounted 10%, and will need VAT applied to them.
The cool box itself is on back order, and will need to come from Germany (7-10 days delivery).
Thanks to PetrolDave regarding the tip on the relocation of the Glove Box light.
Though exactly where in the Glove Box it is relocated too I,m not to sure yet, will have to wait till I have fitted the cool box to see exactly.

Thanks to PetrolDave regarding the tip on the relocation of the Glove Box light.
Though exactly where in the Glove Box it is relocated too I,m not to sure yet, will have to wait till I have fitted the cool box to see exactly.
The existing light is covered by the Cool Box insert, so I removed it (it's now the boot light in my Citroen C1!). The replacement I fitted on the RHS of the glovebox just in front of the Cool Box insert - the existing wires have the correct connector and are long enough to reach.

Hi,
Well I have just picked up all the bits to do the chilled glove box mod from my local dealer, :) the replacement glove box light, and insulated box were both on back order from Germany, ordered last Saturday they arrived yesterday, not bad I thought. :)

Will fit it in the next couple of weeks or so, as well as puddle and security lights, footwell lighting, and Cruise Control, and few other little repairs I need to carry out

Thanks guys.
I,ll take some pics as I do it and post them up on the thread if anyone is interested