I got my new tyres (a post with pictures included is always useful)

psd99

Reaction score
Hey all,

I got my new tyres fitted. I asked on here which tyres to get (235/40 18 ) for my A4 and the top and most frequent answer was goodyear eagle f1 tyres. Having researched the market I soon realised that these tyres were the ones to get, despite the high price.

My mind was made up recently by a RS4 I'd seen with the exact same tyres, and made the car look immense!!!

I managed to get them at a better rate at a local garage, as well most of these mobile companies were much higher in price!

Well here are some pictures for you all:

A00AD89B-BFAE-4CAC-8AEF-8C7E7702906B-11403-000003F9E97F6773_zpsea245bf5.jpg

B44A9895-F475-466A-8515-293675E0056A-11403-000003F9DBB38AE1_zps4769803b.jpg

D4A2B3D5-C76F-4BA8-9DD4-5A6F18C62493-11403-000003F9CD4D9153_zps181d8e11.jpg

04EB1639-273A-42F6-B8DA-DD4A34C59359-11403-000003F9D44C83CF_zps3e78d0d7.jpg

99EA1268-4FE4-43C2-824E-98F51A012C11-11403-000003FA1EF03AE1_zpsf9ee73ac.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion everyone

My initial thoughts:

car feels much more heavier
grip is improved
handling feels much smoother
cornering is flawless!
steering is more responsive

feels like a proper quattro now lol
I need to drive in some rain and snow now :)

Now I need to get the alloys refurbed especially two of them!

Ome of those pictures looks like part of the tyre has been chipped
will look at that closely tomorrow
damn!

Jaysus, that tyres doesn't look right....am hoping it's not as bad as it looks Mate.

BR
A

x2 I may be wrong but they don't look genuine quality to me? :tapedshut:

what do you mean?

I just had a look and that mark is okay
it def isn't there
must be lighting of the camera :)

It looks like a wet mark to me haha on another pik a bit more of the tyre looks wet to

it's this black stuff grease probably they used I think some of it ended up on parts of the tyres to make em look wet

I got the tracking checked as well - front was fine
back was a bit out esp left rear toe was a bit out - didn't get it fixed in the end
maybe next time! will check that tyre in a month or so

Last edited:
I always thought these tyres weren't recommended for A4's. Theres posts from years ago warning people to avoid them....maybe they've changed and are now ok.

The sidewalls look like Michelin PS2's, with no rim protector. Careful near curbs!!!

I might be controversial here but IMO, Vredestein tread pattern looks a lot better.

Reactions: Macdoon
I always thought these tyres weren't recommended for A4's. Theres posts from years ago warning people to avoid them....maybe they've changed and are now ok.

The sidewalls look like Michelin PS2's, with no rim protector. Careful near curbs!!!

I might be controversial here but IMO, Vredestein tread pattern looks a lot better.

the vredesteins were my second choice quality tyres them ones! But these badboys are number one :)

There is slight protection - without doubt that is much more than I had with my continental tyres they had no protection at all.

These are by far the best tyre on the market, a nice 1cm rim protector, decent tread pattern, medium compound and excellent on the track when you running 250hp+, they out live and out grip some track tyres as my mate was saying with his cupra r racing Lvs's a3 on track tyres, the a3 just couldn't keep up with the grip and life of the tyre.

That is a decent price even better than
camskill

Yesss
Yet to try them
in the wet but i cant wait!!! Should be great

The Eagles are cracking tyres, I went for the PS3's because they were on sale,
In the OP pics it looks like theres a jagged edge round the tyre sidewall that doesn't look right, never seen that before.
maybe its just the pic, looks a bit ripped tho IMHO.

Don't go looking for snow with that type of tyre , you have not got any tread ! Well to be exact you have fine grooves which would fill up in seconds . It wont snow again till perhaps November but on 23 March this year I got so stuck with all 4 wheels helplessly springing with silly summer tyres on just 2" on level ground .
You used to be able to get compromise tyres with grip such as Fulda but now you have to purchase 2 sets of tyres and mess around changing them over winter and summer .

i think because they are new they are a bit "rough around the edges" that"s all!
a good clean up and a dress and they will come up nice!
]

]

they brush up nice in the flesh..

Lovely wow
what products do
u use on the tyers and rims?

Yet to wash mine yet

at the minute mate i use a turtle wax gel of some sort i got from halfords in a blue spray bottle with a brush supplied with it! (i forget the exact name lol) and some turtle wax wheel cleaner, as they were doing a 3 for 2 on cleaning products!
i like to practice with different products to see which is best, so not really a devoted brand follower! if that makes sense!
i also use poorboys rim sealant wax to help against the crud!
the wheels and tyres could have been a bit cleaner for the pics but that is after 120 miles, so not too shabby!

Thanks
yours look
so much nicer It is crazy!

How long u had them
tyres? Makes
mine look old lol

x2 I may be wrong but they don't look genuine quality to me? :tapedshut:

exactly my thoughts too. Look like Chinese fakes. Hope their not though and Goodyear have just changed their font slightly

exactly my thoughts too. Look like Chinese fakes. Hope their not though and Goodyear have just changed their font slightly
. How can we be sure?

All the letters in the word eagle are identical except the E where u can see a difference
only noticed that now the last E is different in mine and chez's set
also i got this uncut edge around the wall

I clean em up nice n see if they look better

Don't go looking for snow with that type of tyre , you have not got any tread ! Well to be exact you have fine grooves which would fill up in seconds . It wont snow again till perhaps November but on 23 March this year I got so stuck with all 4 wheels helplessly springing with silly summer tyres on just 2" on level ground .
You used to be able to get compromise tyres with grip such as Fulda but now you have to purchase 2 sets of tyres and mess around changing them over winter and summer .
don't know why you got stuck in snow with just 2" of snow, ive got the fwd a4 b7 and I have these tyres on all year round, not once did I get stuck or slip/slide in the snow this year. Norwich was hit with 2-4" of snow this year.

B0C1FAC8-C95F-4CB3-8B14-7142010ADBE9-7677-000003028A1C36F7_zps0f9de927.jpg

AD7DB6E8-C3A2-4BDD-BD38-4AD5BB855402-7677-000003028567EEAB_zps9c48b56c.jpg

91A67891-6474-45BD-9D1C-01C8BC9C4FB8-7677-000003027A5CCE42_zpsdfb8ff36.jpg

77BC3154-88B6-4F85-ACD1-28F814CF1860-7677-000003027FE70DAF_zps94b104b7.jpg

gave them a little clean

they look much better now :)

Reactions: CHEZ
Forgive me - these are tyres - - - -

(And rather badly curbed rims - - -)

Clearly, I'm missing something. What am I missing??