Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris-Vspec
  • 1 Post By Furkz
  • 1 Post By laruk

Thread: Where to get 2x Cars remapped

1st Gear

Status

Where to get 2x Cars remapped

I want to get both our b7 2.0tfsi special edition and our b6 S4 remapped. I have been scrolling through the net and quite frankly been going round in circles. I'm based on the south coast so would either need a service where they come to us or somewhere within reasonable distance to travel to with both cars.

I have looked in depth at Angel tuning based in Banbury they have a special offer and would do both cars for £400 and come to us. I have tried the past 2 days to contact them and either the people I need to speak to aren't or on the other line and despite leaving 2 messages I am still yet to get a call back from them. Not good really and am already having doubts about using them considering the customer service skills to date.

Any advice would be good on where else to try and things I should know beforehand would be great.
    CHEZ likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i know of 2 cars with angel maps on them and there spot on
    i cnat recomend anyone as im up n sheffield so would be to far to come.
    id give angel 1 more chance as i know you will be happy when and if you get them to do the maps,

5th Gear

Status
    No wonder you can't get hold of them at that price! Jaysus, APR, V-tech are all 750 quid for one up here.....feeling a road trip back to the UK soon! hehe

Cheers
    A

1st Gear

Status
    you could try Parson's Performance (Benjamin) they just revo'd my 2.0 tdi and couldn't be happier
    Smithy ov c.ham likes this.
    Phantom Audi A4 B7 S-Line Avant

1st Gear

Status
    both cars for £400 ?? thats crazy cheap, and would make me question why...

what about DMS, they are in your neck of the woods... the Porka boys rave about them

DMS Automotive Porsche BMW Mercedes Performance tuning

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g00se View Post
    both cars for £400 ?? thats crazy cheap, and would make me question why...

goose
    i think it's just a special offer they are running at the moment, I haven't read anything bad about them on the net, it's just frustrating trying to get hold of them and it has got me thinking if they did remap cars and I needed to speak to them afterwards I would never get hold of them..

Neutral

Status
    i have contacted angel tuning at Banbury a few times in the last 2 weeks and have had no problem getting hold of them,i have my car booked in with them next week for the dpf,egr delete and there remap.

1st Gear

Status
    Would be interested to hear how you get on, they did call me back today so have booked our cars in with them on the 15th may, I have to fit my new forge diverter valve before then to get the most out of the remap, I can't wait :-)

Engine knackered!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Vspec View Post
    I want to get both our b7 2.0tfsi special edition and our b6 S4 remapped. I have been scrolling through the net and quite frankly been going round in circles. I'm based on the south coast so would either need a service where they come to us or somewhere within reasonable distance to travel to with both cars.

I have looked in depth at Angel tuning based in Banbury they have a special offer and would do both cars for £400 and come to us. I have tried the past 2 days to contact them and either the people I need to speak to aren't or on the other line and despite leaving 2 messages I am still yet to get a call back from them. Not good really and am already having doubts about using them considering the customer service skills to date.

Any advice would be good on where else to try and things I should know beforehand would be great.
    I would only recommend MRC Tuning in Banbury!

How about making it a special day out for you and your mates; ask for a group discount, maybe even arrange a ASN forum tuning special deal for the rest of us!!
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

moderately amusing

Status
    good luck dude!
    do not forget to vote, AUDI A4 B6 or B7 which is the best looking?

Neutral

Status
    Ok,so an update for you all about angel tuning.I dropped my a4 sline 2.0tdi 170 with them 8am Friday morning,it was booked in for the dpf,egr delete and a remap.I went back this morning to collect it,i walked into reception and the guy handed me my keys and take it for a test drive and see what you think.No mention of money anything,so i went for a spin and the difference is massive.I now have a much more drivable car,pulls from much earlier,pulls much harder and keeps on way into the red.Every gear feels so much more usable,even 6th.There is no sign of black smoke that i could see.I was over the moon with the results.As for mpg we will have to wait and see,they state an 8 to 12% increase.
    sammi likes this.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow sammi On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by laruk View Post
    Ok,so an update for you all about angel tuning.I dropped my a4 sline 2.0tdi 170 with them 8am Friday morning,it was booked in for the dpf,egr delete and a remap.I went back this morning to collect it,i walked into reception and the guy handed me my keys and take it for a test drive and see what you think.No mention of money anything,so i went for a spin and the difference is massive.I now have a much more drivable car,pulls from much earlier,pulls much harder and keeps on way into the red.Every gear feels so much more usable,even 6th.There is no sign of black smoke that i could see.I was over the moon with the results.As for mpg we will have to wait and see,they state an 8 to 12% increase.
    Thats really positive thankyou, we have spent an orful lot of time working out who to use and Chris has only read good about angel tuning percides they can actually re map the s4 too ! I know he was a little worried as at first he couldn't contact anyone but since then communication has been a1. Roll on wednesday :-) please keep us posted on how yr cars going! Thanks