RNSE - in mute - HELP! model 8E0 035 192 T

juddster

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have just recently changed my single din to a double din. All went well no problems.

Purchased a RNSE unit from the bay - Part No. 8E0 035 192 T (says manufactured 2009)
I also purchased the fackro loom to connect to my old wiring.

The car had a parrot system which is still in.

After its all linked up seems to work but the cars centre display shows telephone connection all the time and RNSE is in mute.

Sat Nav works and says directions all through the speakers.

I went to my local car hifi dealer and he says I have purchased the wrong RNSE unit and need an older model suitable for my car. He said my wiring loom will not accept this model.

Is he right, as to me it appears all is ok but the parrot is putting it in mute?

Your RNS-E is fine. Trace back the MUTE wire from the parrot kit into the loom and follow it into the RNS-E making sure it hits the MUTE port in the RNS-E.

Chances are the pin will be different on the RNS-E and the MUTE feed is getting a constant 12v from the wrong pin making it throw the MUTE up constantly.

Thank you for that, I thought he was talking crap. Will try to trace the mute wire myself :arco:

I went to my local car hifi dealer and he says I have purchased the wrong RNSE unit and need an older model suitable for my car. He said my wiring loom will not accept this model.

Is he right, as to me it appears all is ok but the parrot is putting it in mute?
He's talking out of somewhere that the sun doesn't shine :keule:you can use any year of RNS-E in any year of Audi.

As already said it sounds like something is pulling the MUTE line.

Still having issues.
I went back to the car and notice that the RNSE works fine without the ignition.
As soon as I power up or even open a door and the lights come on its back into mute mode. The only way to clear it is to disconnect the plugs at the back of the unit and start again.

Any one know a good auto electrician in Norfolk area as wiring issues are beyond me.

Which wiring looms did you buy? Some have dual mute wires connected to pin 11 of the D connector on the quadlock. One goes off to the 10 pin telephone ISO and the other one goes off to the power connector 8 pin ISO. Usually the mute issue is down to the latter connection, you can simply cut it out.

Yes, mine has a dual mute.
I guess I go for a cut!

Cheers very much, you were spot on, the wire going to the 8 pin. Thanks again :arco:

Now go back to the car audio shop with your music on full, get out, knock on the shop window and shout....YOUR A **** :)