New Wheels Finally Here :)

null_zps13d003e5.jpg

null_zps4de02c73.jpg

Reactions: g00se
Love them, curbs would scare the **** out of me though.....

Haha i'm not gonna lie - my parking this last couple of days has been utterly embarrassing!!

As for the pics - you're close..... but just along the road a bit down by Portobello. Weather was rubbish last night so by the time it was nice enough to warrant going out, it was already getting dark.

As for the pics - you're close..... but just along the road a bit down by Portobello. Weather was rubbish last night so by the time it was nice enough to warrant going out, it was already getting dark.

Blimey, that takes me back. I spent the winter and spring of 1980/81 living in digs just along from Portobello; Joppa to be exact. Then I moved into Pollock Halls after the easter holiday.

Showing your age there fella ;)

I wasnt born till Novmber of 81 haha!! I actually quite like it down there though :)

This is the moneyshot for me.....was undecided before, but look much better on your Bus! Those tyres look well stretched on there! hehehehe

BR
A

null_zps8c97f6bf.jpg

Haha cheers :)

I kinda always had it in my head that they'd be quite love / hate wheel. I guess they are quite a bold choice..... but so far there's been more love than hate which is nice!

The car looks good but forgive me for asking but why do so many people fit the wrong size tyres to their wheels, the tyre fitment looks odd to me, am I missing the point?

I just think wheels look better with the correct size tyres fitted.....the added bonus is some curb protection when parking!!

Perfectly reasonable question :)

In honesty, the stretch on the back is probably a teeny bit more than i'd hoped for, but its certainly not as extreme as some examples you'll see. The pics dont really show the fronts particularly well, but they have significantly less stretch on them.

With regards to 'why' - put simply, it wouldnt be possible to run the wheel I wanted to run, at the ride height I want to run it at with the 'correct' fitment tyre.

Totally appreciate that for some folk, its a bit of a no no, and, if I were building a car for tearing up a track or throwing at corners - I'd certainly go down a different path than this - but, since the word go, I've wanted this to be about getting the car to look how I want first and foremost ahead of driving / handling well.

Have done the performance / handling thing most of my driving life - I wanted to do something a bit different and out of my comfort zone this time around.

Like I say though - totally understand and appreciate why some folk might not be keen on it in that sense.

I have the same car without these wheels, really tempted tbh just need to go slightly narrower and thicker tyre for myself.

Really Really Like IT!

I like the stretch tyre look. Had a set of x5 wheels on a vw transporter with stretched tyres looked awesome. Tyre fitter didn't want to fit them though.

what size are these wheels?

19X8.5J at the front and 19X9.5J at the back.

ESD1171, Why is there such a large gap between the bumper and bonnet?

for some reason i thought they were 20's they look massive

Yeah 19x8.5 fronts, 19x9.5 rears, ET35 all round.

215/35/19 fronts
225/35/19 rears

As for the bumper gap - it hadnt really ever been apparent till that photo. The bumper has been painted previously, so might well be that when its gone back on its just not been quite lined up properly - I think this can be quite tricky from reading things on here.

Some minor adjustments required there :)

ESD1171, Why is there such a large gap between the bumper and bonnet?

Argh. Curses to you!!!

Having never ever been remotely bothered by the fitment in 6 months of ownership, now that its been mentioned, its all I can see when looking at the front of my car.... it now jumps out at me like a big red pluke on your face!!!

Guess I better add a bumper re-fit to my 'to-do' list........... do those lists ever actually get smaller by the way, mine just seems to increase?!? Haha!!

Argh. Curses to you!!!

Having never ever been remotely bothered by the fitment in 6 months of ownership, now that its been mentioned, its all I can see when looking at the front of my car.... it now jumps out at me like a big red pluke on your face!!!

Guess I better add a bumper re-fit to my 'to-do' list........... do those lists ever actually get smaller by the way, mine just seems to increase?!? Haha!!

Haha apologies! You dont really notice it head on its just when its on an angle. Just delete the picture and it never happened! :ninja:

Nope the list never gets smaller,never!

Yip, I like seeing stretched tyres although I probably wouldn't do it myself, purely for protection reasons (clumsy parker lol) But I like the look you've gone for.
Off topic but.. also like what you've done wrapping window trims.. I'm looking at doing this. Black grill surround, black window trims but leaving the rails, mirrors and rings chrome/alu.

Well I get the opportunity to see Eriks car in the flesh today as he is dropping in after work to get his cruise and DIS stalk coded. I will take some good pics of it especially them wheels..........awesome.

Its certainly looking a little different to when you last saw it at Hermiston Gait Mark thats for sure.....!!

Not sure its really in photo taking mode just now though, its not been cleaned since last week and has gotten fairly dirty in that week :(

Yip, I like seeing stretched tyres although I probably wouldn't do it myself, purely for protection reasons (clumsy parker lol) But I like the look you've gone for.
Off topic but.. also like what you've done wrapping window trims.. I'm looking at doing this. Black grill surround, black window trims but leaving the rails, mirrors and rings chrome/alu.

Sorry - hadnt spied this reply till now.

Its maybe a bit far away if you're away up north - but I could put you on to a guy who'll do the window trims and grille surround for you. He's down in Bathgate though.....

He'd be £60 for the lot if i remember right.

Sorry - hadnt spied this reply till now.

Its maybe a bit far away if you're away up north - but I could put you on to a guy who'll do the window trims and grille surround for you. He's down in Bathgate though.....

He'd be £60 for the lot if i remember right.

that is so cheap, I was quoted 160 to do mine. Ouch. Thinking about pasti dipping them now.

£160?!? Oooft, thats steep!!

My mate had priced it on about £10 worth of vinyl and a couple of hours of his time.

Unless £160 included bumper off, thats really expensive!

£160?!? Oooft, thats steep!!

My mate had priced it on about £10 worth of vinyl and a couple of hours of his time.

Unless £160 included bumper off, that's really expensive!

Holy sh*t! I got quoted £200 from a company up here! Bathgate's a bit far but thanks for the tip.
TBH, I might try it myself..

Jeezo!! Thats mental for the work involved - at £200 you're entering in to the territory of the price for which you could actually buy a black grill and surrounds!

Not sure whether this is a case of my mate being too generous with his pricing, or other folk being far too greedy with theirs.

Actually just looked again at quote and it's £180 + vat so all in £216!!! lol
Definitely going to give it a go for the price of some wrap and I have a heat gun and a pretty sharp knife..

Like I say, I can only assume those kinda prices include removal of the bumper and splitting the grille.

I guess ultimately you will get a better job that way, but i'd argue that the differences wont even be noticable unless you get right up close and examine them closely.