Status

My Social Networking

Follow ESD1711 On Twitter Visit ESD1711's Instagram Channel

g00se likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Love them, curbs would scare the **** out of me though.....
    CHEZ likes this.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ESD1711 View Post

Loving it! Where were those pics taken? Anywhere near Granton Harbour by any chance?
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Love them, curbs would scare the **** out of me though.....
    Haha i'm not gonna lie - my parking this last couple of days has been utterly embarrassing!!

As for the pics - you're close..... but just along the road a bit down by Portobello. Weather was rubbish last night so by the time it was nice enough to warrant going out, it was already getting dark.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    As for the pics - you're close..... but just along the road a bit down by Portobello. Weather was rubbish last night so by the time it was nice enough to warrant going out, it was already getting dark.
    Blimey, that takes me back. I spent the winter and spring of 1980/81 living in digs just along from Portobello; Joppa to be exact. Then I moved into Pollock Halls after the easter holiday.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Showing your age there fella

I wasnt born till Novmber of 81 haha!! I actually quite like it down there though

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Showing your age there fella
    That's why I am the Grumpy Old Man heheh!

You have a beautiful city there.

5th Gear

Status
    This is the moneyshot for me.....was undecided before, but look much better on your Bus! Those tyres look well stretched on there! hehehehe

BR
    A

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    I really thought I wasn't gonna like these...but I do.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Haha cheers

I kinda always had it in my head that they'd be quite love / hate wheel. I guess they are quite a bold choice..... but so far there's been more love than hate which is nice!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add GeoffDunk on Facebook
    The car looks good but forgive me for asking but why do so many people fit the wrong size tyres to their wheels, the tyre fitment looks odd to me, am I missing the point?

I just think wheels look better with the correct size tyres fitted.....the added bonus is some curb protection when parking!!

Audi S4 quattro in Dolphin Grey Metallic, Silver leather, carbon inlays, RNS-E, 6 speed manual, electrically adjustable & heated seats, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, storage pack, 18" OEM RS4 wheels, RS4 ARB, LED lighting upgrade, FASH plus every bill since new.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Perfectly reasonable question

In honesty, the stretch on the back is probably a teeny bit more than i'd hoped for, but its certainly not as extreme as some examples you'll see. The pics dont really show the fronts particularly well, but they have significantly less stretch on them.

With regards to 'why' - put simply, it wouldnt be possible to run the wheel I wanted to run, at the ride height I want to run it at with the 'correct' fitment tyre.

Totally appreciate that for some folk, its a bit of a no no, and, if I were building a car for tearing up a track or throwing at corners - I'd certainly go down a different path than this - but, since the word go, I've wanted this to be about getting the car to look how I want first and foremost ahead of driving / handling well.

Have done the performance / handling thing most of my driving life - I wanted to do something a bit different and out of my comfort zone this time around.

Like I say though - totally understand and appreciate why some folk might not be keen on it in that sense.

1st Gear

Status
    I have the same car without these wheels, really tempted tbh just need to go slightly narrower and thicker tyre for myself.

Really Really Like IT!
    Phantom Audi A4 B7 S-Line Avant

Reverse Gear

Status
    I like the stretch tyre look. Had a set of x5 wheels on a vw transporter with stretched tyres looked awesome. Tyre fitter didn't want to fit them though.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Few more pics, splitter on now too

Neutral

Status
    It's a yes from me

6th Gear

Status
    Wicked stance
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

1st Gear

Status
    what size are these wheels?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SL4VE View Post
    what size are these wheels?
    19X8.5J at the front and 19X9.5J at the back.

ESD1171, Why is there such a large gap between the bumper and bonnet?

moderately amusing

Status
    [QUOTE=BigWillyStyle;

Why is there such a large gap between the bumper and bonnet?[/QUOTE]

my money is on that the bumper has been off for a cam belt change maybe? mine was the same and had to take it back to get sorted!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWillyStyle View Post
    19X8.5J at the front and 19X9.5J at the back.

for some reason i thought they were 20's they look massive

5th Gear

Status
    looking good mate

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Yeah 19x8.5 fronts, 19x9.5 rears, ET35 all round.

215/35/19 fronts
    225/35/19 rears

As for the bumper gap - it hadnt really ever been apparent till that photo. The bumper has been painted previously, so might well be that when its gone back on its just not been quite lined up properly - I think this can be quite tricky from reading things on here.

Some minor adjustments required there

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by BigWillyStyle View Post
    Argh. Curses to you!!!

Having never ever been remotely bothered by the fitment in 6 months of ownership, now that its been mentioned, its all I can see when looking at the front of my car.... it now jumps out at me like a big red pluke on your face!!!

Guess I better add a bumper re-fit to my 'to-do' list........... do those lists ever actually get smaller by the way, mine just seems to increase?!? Haha!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Argh. Curses to you!!!

Having never ever been remotely bothered by the fitment in 6 months of ownership, now that its been mentioned, its all I can see when looking at the front of my car.... it now jumps out at me like a big red pluke on your face!!!

Guess I better add a bumper re-fit to my 'to-do' list........... do those lists ever actually get smaller by the way, mine just seems to increase?!? Haha!!
    Haha apologies! You dont really notice it head on its just when its on an angle. Just delete the picture and it never happened!

Nope the list never gets smaller,never!

ASC
    1st Gear

Status
    Yip, I like seeing stretched tyres although I probably wouldn't do it myself, purely for protection reasons (clumsy parker lol) But I like the look you've gone for.
    Off topic but.. also like what you've done wrapping window trims.. I'm looking at doing this. Black grill surround, black window trims but leaving the rails, mirrors and rings chrome/alu.
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Well I get the opportunity to see Eriks car in the flesh today as he is dropping in after work to get his cruise and DIS stalk coded. I will take some good pics of it especially them wheels..........awesome.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Its certainly looking a little different to when you last saw it at Hermiston Gait Mark thats for sure.....!!

Not sure its really in photo taking mode just now though, its not been cleaned since last week and has gotten fairly dirty in that week

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by ASC View Post
    Yip, I like seeing stretched tyres although I probably wouldn't do it myself, purely for protection reasons (clumsy parker lol) But I like the look you've gone for.
    Off topic but.. also like what you've done wrapping window trims.. I'm looking at doing this. Black grill surround, black window trims but leaving the rails, mirrors and rings chrome/alu.
    Sorry - hadnt spied this reply till now.

Its maybe a bit far away if you're away up north - but I could put you on to a guy who'll do the window trims and grille surround for you. He's down in Bathgate though.....

He'd be £60 for the lot if i remember right.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry - hadnt spied this reply till now.

Its maybe a bit far away if you're away up north - but I could put you on to a guy who'll do the window trims and grille surround for you. He's down in Bathgate though.....

He'd be £60 for the lot if i remember right.
    that is so cheap, I was quoted 160 to do mine. Ouch. Thinking about pasti dipping them now.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

£160?!? Oooft, thats steep!!

My mate had priced it on about £10 worth of vinyl and a couple of hours of his time.

Unless £160 included bumper off, thats really expensive!

ASC
    1st Gear

Status
    £160?!? Oooft, thats steep!!

My mate had priced it on about £10 worth of vinyl and a couple of hours of his time.

Unless £160 included bumper off, that's really expensive!
    Holy sh*t! I got quoted £200 from a company up here! Bathgate's a bit far but thanks for the tip.
    TBH, I might try it myself..
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Jeezo!! Thats mental for the work involved - at £200 you're entering in to the territory of the price for which you could actually buy a black grill and surrounds!

Not sure whether this is a case of my mate being too generous with his pricing, or other folk being far too greedy with theirs.

ASC
    1st Gear

Status
    Actually just looked again at quote and it's £180 + vat so all in £216!!! lol
    Definitely going to give it a go for the price of some wrap and I have a heat gun and a pretty sharp knife..

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Like I say, I can only assume those kinda prices include removal of the bumper and splitting the grille.

I guess ultimately you will get a better job that way, but i'd argue that the differences wont even be noticable unless you get right up close and examine them closely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12