Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

RNSE Bluetooth coding

Hi all,

I have the bluetooth factory fitted with my rnse which is running 0660 (hacked with SDS running and working). I am now trying to get the comfort facility to run. I have the H module (i believe) and using vagcom 11.11.3. I have enabled comfort on the radio (now asking for sim to be put in) but when I try to add the 00[1]xxxxxx (the one rather than a zero) it comes up as out of range and not allowing it to be put in. Without that it seems that the RNSE cannot talk to the bluetooth of my phone.

Any ideas?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The RNS-E should be coded 030x7xx (assuming you're in the UK or Europe) to enable the BT functioanlity.l

And the BT module should be recoded from 00xxxx to 01xxxx to enable the phonebook and call list sharing.

See Audi Radio/Navigation System (RNS-E) - Ross-Tech Wiki and Audi A3 (8P) Telephone Preparation - Ross-Tech Wiki
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

2nd Gear

Status
    The bluetooth is all active (was installed from factory), and trying to recode the BT module to 01xxxxx, but everytime it comes up with an error saying out of range error.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    The RNS-E should be coded 030x7xx (assuming you're in the UK or Europe) to enable the BT functioanlity.l

And the BT module should be recoded from 00xxxx to 01xxxx to enable the phonebook and call list sharing.

See Audi Radio/Navigation System (RNS-E) - Ross-Tech Wiki and Audi A3 (8P) Telephone Preparation - Ross-Tech Wiki

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ricostuart View Post
    The bluetooth is all active (was installed from factory), and trying to recode the BT module to 01xxxxx, but everytime it comes up with an error saying out of range error.
    What version of the BT module do you have? VCDS will tell you the module part number, it's the suffix letters that are important.

The earliest ones can't be coded for the enhanced RNS-E feature, see Audi Bluetooth / TEL interface - part numbers | Audi Forum - none of the ones that say "basic functionality only" will accept the 01xxxx coding.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

2nd Gear

Status
    Dam! its 8P0 862 335 D so basic only. That sucks donkeys. Where can i get an updated model? Can i replace with a newer one?

6th Gear

Status
    Dam! its 8P0 862 335 D so basic only. That sucks donkeys. Where can i get an updated model? Can i replace with a newer one?
    There's normally some 8P1 862 335 x versions (the newest) on eBay, which are a direct plug in replacement and just need coding.

2nd Gear

Status
    I think the 8p1 models are a bit more expensive tbh. Plus i want to ensure that it works perfect with my older rnse with 0660sw. i'll have a look over the next while to get one (unless anyone fancies a swap? lol!)

6th Gear

Status
    I think the 8p1 models are a bit more expensive tbh.
    True, but you're less likely to have compatibility problems with newer phones.

Plus i want to ensure that it works perfect with my older rnse with 0660sw.
    The 8P1 version will work with ANY RNS-E from 2004 to current.