99k and the clutch starts to slip!!! Apr?? :)

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
First of all, I've been threatening to part with my special edition for a year now and seens I can't find anything that comes close for the money... I still have it. By far the best car I've owned, until the clutch slips during a swift overtaking manoeuvre. But I guess with 99k on the clock I can't really complain. Soooo to the point.

After reading many posts from members on here my conclusion is that there is no point putting a standard clutch in for around the £1000 mark. APR can supply a single mass fly wheel and a stage 2 endurance clutch kit which will happily handle 450 ft/lbs of torque for £1030. Has anybody installed one of these or heard any horror stories? Or would you recommend a better one for similar money? I only use the car for work and I don't want to have to go to the gym daily to be able to press the clutch pedal lol, any advise would be great, but I'm thinking long term now and thinking big power :) thanks for reading!!

Dont know owt about the clutch but ive got the same car and wondering if youve ever had any problems or anything to watch out cheers

Dont know owt about the clutch but ive got the same car and wondering if youve ever had any problems or anything to watch out cheers
only had to replace the chain and just general service and wear and tear parts. It's cost me a lot over 2 years but its a very reliable car. Unfortunately audi tax on parts can be known to pull your pants down, but other than that, no complaints really

What chain?
you have a cam belt on the front and a chain on the back. They can get very noisy and have been known to snap. It's about a £500 job. But the difference is unbelievable. No longer sounds like a diesel. Also changed the cam follower for the high pressure fuel pump at the same time. They can damage the camshaft lobe if left to wear past the point of no return. And can be expensive. Bez101 is very helpfull in these areas mate and could probably help in more detail.

I'll listen out for it. Mines got 91k on it. If it goes before next april im still under warrenty lol

You will know if its on its way out. I could hear mine knocking from inside the car.

Mines silent hopefully its already had that issue

First of all, I've been threatening to part with my special edition for a year now and seens I can't find anything that comes close for the money... I still have it. By far the best car I've owned, until the clutch slips during a swift overtaking manoeuvre. But I guess with 99k on the clock I can't really complain. Soooo to the point.

After reading many posts from members on here my conclusion is that there is no point putting a standard clutch in for around the £1000 mark. APR can supply a single mass fly wheel and a stage 2 endurance clutch kit which will happily handle 450 ft/lbs of torque for £1030. Has anybody installed one of these or heard any horror stories? Or would you recommend a better one for similar money? I only use the car for work and I don't want to have to go to the gym daily to be able to press the clutch pedal lol, any advise would be great, but I'm thinking long term now and thinking big power :) thanks for reading!!

Where are you looking at getting the APR clutch from?

Where are you looking at getting the APR clutch from?
straight from APR direct mate, spoke to them today, they said then can upgrade it to stage 3 endurance for the same price. Seems like a no brainer