turbo laggggggggg

NOZ

Reaction score
hi can someone shed some light on what sort of gap, if indeed any should the turbo kick in ? i've a 2.0tdi s-line, this is the first time ive had a diesel car although i have driven many, and have always thought there should be a small lag when you sink the boot before it kicks in and then pulls like a horse, or should it be more or less instant ?

and what can i look for and check

thanks Noz

I never had an Audi oil burner but have had plenty of Fords and GM diesels. It depends how you determine turbo lag...I thought that even on the B7's the engine lag shouldn't be that noticeable, and thought it applied to the older diesel engines. Has your car been recently serviced or have you had a diagnostic check done at your friendly local garage. That may throw up a few clues to the explanation of any turbo lag you may be experiencing.

Cheers
A

You shouldn't feel lag, it's should be progressive as your car uses variable vane.

thanks guys think i will get a service, i know its due in about 1400 miles but might get it done early and mention it to them to see what they find

thanks guys think i will get a service, i know its due in about 1400 miles but might get it done early and mention it to them to see what they find

Well I guess, depending on what you are planning to do you may as well get it all done in a oner!....I would be asking the garage to run a good diagnostic check ( which they will do as standard practice anyway ) and explain to them you feel it's a bit sluggish when you boot it....if you have a good relationship wae your garage they should be able to explain what the issue may be if they can find anything.

All the best
A

It could also be your egr valve clogged up. Seems as if some problems for late boost come down to this annoying little item on the engine.