AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    g00se's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    265

    B7 S4 Evoms V-Flow - Cold air Intake ?

    Hi all - i was curious to know of any B6/B7 S4 owners had tried the below..

    I know the RS4 boys are always debating air intake temps etc, but this looks a really tidy OEM-looking install, with a large heat shield

    http://www.evoms.com/WebSiteUsers/ev...4%20V-Flow.pdf

    Thoughts?

    cheers, goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

    Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    ASC
    ASC's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    104
    Hey Goose, check Audizine for loads of pros/cons/heated debates etc on this intake. I had a look last year when I thought about the Carbonio intake but general opinion seems to be stay with stock box and filter unless you're just after sound which is meant to be amazing!!
    I went with BMC replacement panel filter like you in the end.
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

  4. #3
    g00se's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by ASC View Post
    Hey Goose, check Audizine for loads of pros/cons/heated debates etc on this intake. I had a look last year when I thought about the Carbonio intake but general opinion seems to be stay with stock box and filter unless you're just after sound which is meant to be amazing!!
    I went with BMC replacement panel filter like you in the end.
    im on the fence with this one i think.. i understand the argument, but am still convinced that if installed correctly and using the correct heat reflective gold tape/leaf, this would work a treat (as well as sound freaking awesome - as you say!)

    one of the first mods i did to my old R32 was add a carbonio, and i loved it.. great fit/quality/sound/performance

    that said, these kits arent cheap.. and neither is goooold

    1c0zI.jpg

    goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

    Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

  5. #4
    ASC
    ASC's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by g00se View Post
    im on the fence with this one i think.. i understand the argument, but am still convinced that if installed correctly and using the correct heat reflective gold tape/leaf, this would work a treat (as well as sound freaking awesome - as you say!)

    one of the first mods i did to my old R32 was add a carbonio, and i loved it.. great fit/quality/sound/performance

    that said, these kits arent cheap.. and neither is goooold

    1c0zI.jpg

    goose

    lol Shmoke and a pancake?

    It does look well made and it is tempting but I'll wait and see how you get on first!
    The worrying thing is some of the arguments against is that you might actually lose power with the heat soak. Saying that, I do understand where you're coming from with the shielding.
    I do want the snarl of an intake but not at the cost of power. Just wish there was some proper testing done and results available but I couldn't find anything. If you go for it let me know how you get on.
    Next spend for me is down pipes and remap!

    Cheers
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

  6. #5
    g00se's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by ASC View Post
    Next spend for me is down pipes and remap!
    cool - Milltek d/pipes or A N Other ???

    I'm weighing up a trip to MRC to get a remap... Doug quoted me circa 10-20ps and 20nm gains Stage 1, and maybe a smidge more if i get the pre-cats gutted and a Stage 2 map.

    hmm - remap or summer holiday... am pretty sure i know what the wife will say lol!

    goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

    Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

  7. #6
    ASC
    ASC's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by g00se View Post
    cool - Milltek d/pipes or A N Other ???

    I'm weighing up a trip to MRC to get a remap... Doug quoted me circa 10-20ps and 20nm gains Stage 1, and maybe a smidge more if i get the pre-cats gutted and a Stage 2 map.

    hmm - remap or summer holiday... am pretty sure i know what the wife will say lol!

    goose
    I did look at Miltek catless DP's for £380 which would keep it Miltek all the way with my cat-back but I'd then have the hassle of changing back to stock for MOT's and also I wasn't sure how smelly it would be. Not fussed about the racket, it's a weekend car!
    Miltek high flow cats are too expensive, Looked at Fast Intentions also but pricey again and I also looked into the cheapo XS power which I'm not going near. So I've decided to go custom high flow cats made for the car by a guy up here in Scotland that has a very good rep. Circa £700-£800. That's 2.5 pipe and high quality cats (not sh*ite). If I had done my homework when looking for my cat back Miltek last year I would've looked for something with 2.5 pipe so I could eventually have 2.5 all the way but the cat-back is only 2.25.
    Haven't decided on which map yet but the States guys swear by JHM. The only thing is it's a DIY map and I'd probably rather have somebody local-ish mapping it incase there's a problem but it is meant to be the nuts!! If you haven't already, read up on them on Audizine before deciding.
    As for your remap without DP mods, from what I've sussed out over the last few months trawling forums etc, there would be little gain unless you have at least Piggies (no pre-cats like MRC said) but I'm just picking up what other folk have posted and am certainly no expert!
    And I'm also in the same boat with the Mrs lol!! The DP money was meant to be a family holiday.. Never mind, she'll get over it.
    I see you've got MTEC's as well, how do you like them?
    2006 Sprint Blue S4 Avant - 2.5" catless DP's - Miltek Non Res cat back - BMC panel filter - JHM remap - H&R springs - EBC TG discs - Yellow stuff pads - Matt/Polished RS4's

  8. #7
    g00se's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by ASC View Post
    I did look at Miltek catless DP's for £380 which would keep it Miltek all the way with my cat-back but I'd then have the hassle of changing back to stock for MOT's and also I wasn't sure how smelly it would be. Not fussed about the racket, it's a weekend car!
    Miltek high flow cats are too expensive, Looked at Fast Intentions also but pricey again and I also looked into the cheapo XS power which I'm not going near. So I've decided to go custom high flow cats made for the car by a guy up here in Scotland that has a very good rep. Circa £700-£800. That's 2.5 pipe and high quality cats (not sh*ite). If I had done my homework when looking for my cat back Miltek last year I would've looked for something with 2.5 pipe so I could eventually have 2.5 all the way but the cat-back is only 2.25.
    Haven't decided on which map yet but the States guys swear by JHM. The only thing is it's a DIY map and I'd probably rather have somebody local-ish mapping it incase there's a problem but it is meant to be the nuts!! If you haven't already, read up on them on Audizine before deciding.
    As for your remap without DP mods, from what I've sussed out over the last few months trawling forums etc, there would be little gain unless you have at least Piggies (no pre-cats like MRC said) but I'm just picking up what other folk have posted and am certainly no expert!
    And I'm also in the same boat with the Mrs lol!! The DP money was meant to be a family holiday.. Never mind, she'll get over it.
    I see you've got MTEC's as well, how do you like them?
    It's weird that you should ask.. i havent driven the car or been on the forums for a couple of months as I've had just had spinal fusion and I've been too doped up to do much at all lol But I went out at the weekend and the brakes were sh1te.. rusted to hell and no friction at all (even when trying a couple of high speed emergency stops!).

    Don't get me wrong, I do like the Mtec and EBC yellow setup.. again I ran this on my old mk4 R32, and have had them on the S4 (fronts only) for a year and a half now... but untill i can get the disk face clean again, they are noisy, smelly, and poor.

    Time to go find some twisties and give them hell me'think

    goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

    Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

  9. #8
    solaris's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Slough, Berkshire
    Posts
    404
    I looked at a few intake solutions including this one, in the end I used the stock system with an ITG panel filter.
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

    DMFW + Clutch For Sale



 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Evoms Cold Air Intake for S3
    By Tortel in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th January 2010, 14:43
  2. dv cold air intake
    By imported_fingermouse in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18th July 2005, 17:11
  3. *GB* ECS Tuning XAS Cold Air Intake System
    By RichA3Turbo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th July 2005, 18:53
  4. cold air intake question
    By NxJxHxCedge in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th June 2004, 22:51
  5. Survey on Cold Air Intakes for A4 1.8T's
    By imajn34 in forum Tuning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th December 2003, 13:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO