Irregular Vibrations at idle

jimbooboo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was sat in my car stationary today and slowly went through the rev range and between about 1100 to 1800 revs you can feel the 'rhythm' of the engine change it doesn't sound any different as you progressive, nor is there any clunking rattling etc. It is very very hard to notice, it could be just the natural characteristics of the engine and I'm just being paranoid.

Engaging, disengaging the clutch in neutral doesn't have any effect either

Any ideas what it could be? It's a 2.0 tdi S-line Cabriolet 2006 with 69k on the clock

The needle isn't up and down or anything, the revs progress smoothly.

You can only just sort of feel it, the sensation off balance wheel except stationary.

Cheers, James

Last edited:
I have a slight vibration run through my 170 TDI when it idles. I can watch the gear stick shake a little then stop, then shake again, can feel it right through the car

Its only avery slight, you cant really see it in the gear stick. But my car does often start up and go into what i think is limp mode and limits itself to 3000revs

Does you feel it in first and second gear when you pull away. If it's only when it's stationary, then it may be nuffink....if you feel it when moving...it could be your flywheel starting to say bye bye!...you have a manual right?

BR
A