Wanted: Cruise / DIS Fitter in central Scotland

ESD1711

Reaction score
Morning all,

Wasnt sure whether to stick this in here, or in the scotland forum, or the VCDS one or whatever..... opted with here in the end - so apologies for 'another' cruise / DIS thread!!

Basically, i've got the cruise control bits and a DIS stalk sitting in the house waiting to go on to my car. They've been swat there for a while and I thought I had someone who was going to do it for me, but he's stuck offshore for a bit and I figure I'd be as well trying to get someone else to do it.

So....... is there anyone in central(ish) Scotland (i'm in Edinburgh) who has done this before and wouldnt mind doing mine for me? I could probably manage the actual replacement of the stalks etc - but with regards to the grounding of wires and the coding........... ummmmm no chance there - so i'd rather get someone to do it who's got experience of doing this and I can trust to get it right!!

Chances.....??

Thanks,
Erik

I can do your recoding for you buddy. The retro-fitting of the cruise is no problem but the re-wiring I stay away from. Wiggly amps and me dont go. Give me a 3lb ball pein hammer any day of the week.

If you manage to get it fitted then get in touch and I can recode everything for you.

Cheers Mark, yeah i'm defo more of a hammer kinda guy than a soldering iron one too.

Will let you know how it pans out buddy - thanks!

Yeah i'd actually asked them about this previously - but they wanted about £70 labour charge to do it.

In fairness, as far as garage rates go, its probably about what you'd expect for a couple of hours work, but £70 is a bit steep for something I can get my mate to do for me.... I'm just gonna be patient and get him to do it I think.