Avant bumper protector. Pics added.

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone got one fitted? I am trying to find a pic of one.

Just had mine resprayed and don't want to f**k it up again :sadlike:

Last edited:
Anyone got one fitted? I am trying to find a pic of one.

Just had mine resprayed and don't want to f**k it up again :sadlike:

I fancy one as i had my bumper resprayed when i did the parking sensors, dont want black though, colour coded all the way!

Ok, got one. Fed up of the bumper being scratched when things are dragged out of the boot, not by me I might add. Its just been re sprayed so I don't want it scratched up again.

Now, which do you prefer? The car is Lava Grey pearl metallic and the shot doesn't really show the colour match.
(Its not fixed in place yet, just positioned, hence the gappage)

In standard, as it came, matt black, which will start to look crap when it gets scratched and costs £50.

Or Carbon wrapped, which took me about half an hour and when scratched can easily be re wrapped at a cost of £9.

much prefer the carbon mate, thought of getting it dipped to make it a bit more hardwearing or maybe but some laquer on it.

Looks good though :applaus:

I may lacquer it, need to test it on a scrap bit first to make sure it doesn't react.

Like that too....would the 4D carbon fibber be better option or would it look too glossy.

BR
A

Tired clear lacquer on a scrap piece and it came out fine and not too glossy, darkened it a little which actually matches the car better. Just sprayed the whole thing and its sat outside in the sun drying. May get around to fitting it this weekend.

lots like it could be quite smart...get a pic or two when fitted please.Do you have link to where you got the cover from.was the lacquer out a spray can ?

enjoy the sunshine.

In two minds over these - makes mega sense function wise, but i'm not completely sold on the look.

I never really used to understand why so many Avants had scratched and repainted back bumpers when i was looking for mine. Now I have one, I totally understand how eas it is to damage them..... mines looking a bit worse for the wear with snowboarding gear going in and out the back and such like.

Protector defo makes sense from that point of view.