New clutch time??

rowdyboy

Reaction score
Seems as though my clutch may have started slipping, maybe it was just a one off but I'd rather get it done before it fails.
Does anyone have any recommendations to a good supplier, make??
Also can anyone recommend a good garage in the East Midlands.
Id rather do it myself but don't really have the time, is it a big job in reality??

is it a big job in reality??[/QUOTE]

Hell yeagh!!

Don't go cheap on clutch parts....better start savig up those beer tokens!

is it a big job in reality??

Hell yeagh!!

Don't go cheap on clutch parts....better start savig up those beer tokens![/QUOTE]

When you say "hell yeah", have you actually done one? A big job to one person isn't big to another.

I wasn't intending on going cheap, which is why I was asking for recommendations.

Hell yeagh!!

Don't go cheap on clutch parts....better start savig up those beer tokens!

When you say "hell yeah", have you actually done one? A big job to one person isn't big to another.

I wasn't intending on going cheap, which is why I was asking for recommendations.[/QUOTEIN the words of George Washington...I cannot tell a lie....not I haven't tried Mate not on A4....Last time I stared into the abyss of a clutch replacement was on a 1,9cdti GM engine....and that freaked me right out! Found this on YT...please, be my guest and good luck!....it looks easier than that GM engine I had anyway! Audi A4 Clutch Replacement guide. - YouTube The hell yeaghh was in reference to the cost of the clutch parts....and in my experience buying a cheap clutch / flywheel combo is just a false economy.

Here you go! This is a B6 but am guessing it's similar. :: a4mods.com :: - The Premiere Audi A4 Modification Guide and Pictures Library

Cheers
A

Last edited:
How many miles has it done and have you had a remap? Chris (on the forum) @ Lion Garage Nottingham should be able to sort you out. Very friendly guy and service is second to none.

Id be sticking with brands like LUK avoid the cheap non branded options!!

Reactions: Molnboman
There's some good priced luk flywheels on eBay £360ish and TPS aren't to bad for the clutch kit. Think I worked out it would be about £600 plus labour for luk clutch and flywheel on mine which I assume would be along the same as you're being a big lump too. TPS wanted more than £700 for just the flywheel.

Luk, valeo or sachs and about 3-3·5hours on a 2 post ramp so add another 45mins doing it on your back if you know what you are doing and would be easier if you had someone helping you

Luk, valeo or sachs and about 3-3·5hours on a 2 post ramp so add another 45mins doing it on your back if you know what you are doing and would be easier if you had someone helping you

is there any special tooling required??