Curbed Rims :(

psd99

Reaction score
I want to get two of my rims repaired - what kind of price am I looking at per rim? One of them is very bad the other is just about ok.

Looking online someone quoted me about £70 for repairing one of them.

I got this style:

Obviously this wheel is okay - but two of the other ones have been curbed :(.

Any general advice on getting these repaired?

Get on yell.com and find local places. You get what you pay for with wheel refurbs. My current wheels are curbed to hell, but its a car at the end of the day and i could quite happily wait to get them all done. Only problem will be colour match as silver a ***** to match.

Get on yell.com and find local places. You get what you pay for with wheel refurbs. My current wheels are curbed to hell, but its a car at the end of the day and i could quite happily wait to get them all done. Only problem will be colour match as silver a ***** to match.

thanks will look around - how is the colour matching a problem them for silver? I dont get it?

does anyone know anyone around the west london area by any chance?

Shop around defo - id imagine you should be able to get a decent job done for closer to £50 a corner.

The problem with only getting two done would be that you'll have two shiney new looking alloys and two which will no dout look a bit tattier and have lost a bit of their shine. You could get around this by having the 2 refurbed ones on one side of the car, and the 2 old ones on the other side so you can never see an old and new one at the same time......... but........ if it was me, i'd probably just look at getting all 4 done at the same time.

Guess that depends how bad your other two are though or how anal you are about them all looking the same.

Reactions: Steve220
Silver is commonly one of the hardest colours/shades to match next to red and yellow.

ah ok thanks
u are right getting all 4 done be best
but it would look great - one of the rims is badly curbed I mean how much of a good job can these people do?

Think you'd be surprised - these days you can pretty much get a rim looking like new most of the time.

I was going to say all of the time, but I daresay there are instances where rims are beyond repair.

Best bet would be to find a company locally and go speak to them - they'll be able to give you advice on what they can offer.

two of the rims def need doing
passenger front and driver rear
the other two are in decent condition :)
if I was to clean em properly it would look mint
unless I tell the guy to switch em :)