Service book lost

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my Audi A4 cab, 2008, it has 53000 miles and I have realised I have lost the service book!

My car is worth about £9500, do you think having no service book will make a lot of difference to the value? Would it put you off buying it? It has 12 months MOT, new brake discs and tyres.

I am feeling rather silly that I have lost it!

Yes.....BIG difference in sale price ......... TBH i wouldnt buy one without a service book.

Its probably worth about 7k without a book imho

Can you not get a replacement and get Audi to restamp it as they will have it all on computer as long as they have done the services ect.....

Reactions: StateOfPlay
Might have to then. Nothing in life is easy eh! I will speak to Audi on Monday and see what they say.

Cheers

If your car has been officially VAG serviced, all service history should be recorded and you or the would be buyer should be able to access the service history from the dealer. If it's been independently serviced...that could be another story.

Good luck,
A

Reactions: StateOfPlay
Chhers mate, I feel sick that I have lost it! Silly really. I will speak to a guy I know who works for Audi and find out how I can resolve this. All services were done at Audi, so they should have records of them. I just can't believe how stupid I am! Never lost a service book in all the years I have been driving.

These things happen. If you have a mate at a VAG dealership it will take him 5 minutes to pull all the service sheets from their computer if it's been VAG serviced. It may not be company policy to do it, but if he's a Mate....he'll do it. :)

Don't stress,

Cheers
A

Like the other said, this is recoverable; just a pain in the backside to sort. In the meantime, do you have a file of invoices for the car's history?

As has been stated earlier you can Just call your Audi dealer give him your reg and they will have your service info for all services carried out at their dealerships on file, you will have to pay a small fee though but hey at least the value of your car goes back up;-)

When I bought mine, there were gaps in the book which hasn't been stamped. It didn't put me off buying the car though.

Had bought the car assuming that I'd need to do a timing belt service on it.

Phones Audi directly and they were able to provide me with details and copy invoices for all services - turned out the car had a timing belt service last July, which was a wee bonus as I'd managed to negotiate money off the car assuming it hasn't :)

Like the other said, this is recoverable; just a pain in the backside to sort. In the meantime, do you have a file of invoices for the car's history?

Yes I do. It is all in the faux leather service folder. I will speak to my mate on Monday see what he can do.

I think a "higher force"doesn't want me to sell it so is putting challenges in my way!

Anyway, the market is a bit **** right now, not sure I will get a decent price anyway.

I have the service book:) But it has the wrong date on the last service, which is then crossed out with the right date written next to it???

The book was in the boot with the spare tyre??

I think my man who did my service made a **** up and didn't want me to see the book.

Ah well, I am calm. I am calm because at least I have the book and at least I have all the Audi dealer stamps in it. Including the last service. Although it looks a man with no arms and an etch a sketch has written on it:ohmy:

Reactions: jdp1962