Rattling wastegate

pburv

Reaction score
Hello everybody.:yes: As title says I seem to have a rattling wastegate on my turbo. Does anyone know what the reason this might be and is it an easy fix? also what problems this could give me if I keep on driving the car in this condition?? My car is a 2.0tfsi 220bhp bul coded engine ..Thanks Paul....

Ok Big Al. Thanks for that. I don,t have a boost gauge fitted.So I will try and get it sorted at my local garage. Hopefully they can detect any issues with the turbo wastegate..Is the waste gate easy to adjust without a boost gauge? Cheers buddy..

I've got the same engine and by the sounds of it, same problem. I was told that the only solution is to replace the turbo. Had the problem for about 18 months now with no further issues or change in performance. Would love to find a cheaper solution though !

Hi Kev. I hope that isn,t the case.As for the performance I think it has affected my car.It seems to have lost a bit of low end power.Not sure if the wastegate issue has caused this?.I have seen on ebay wastegate parts for the k03s turbo between £50.00 and over £100.00. Without knowing the right part number I am stumped as to which one to buy:uhm:

The spring in the actuator has either weakens or broken. All that's required is an actuator.

Hi Gaz. Any idea on part numbers or price?? Anyone else if they know?? Cheers

Sorry mate I don't. Don't have a dealers tell you it's the turbo and waist your money.

Ok cheers buddie:thumbsup:. It,s not a nice feeling when you get "shafted" by the stealers:wacko: