JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

New guy in here ;)

Hi everyone.My name is Tom and I recently picked up a 2005 A4 2.0 T FSI quattro S line. (BGB engine)
    previously I drove a A3 1.8T so not a stranger in here,but no previous experiences with the a4's certainly not these B7 ones.
    so if anyone could give any advice regards these car I would really appreciate it.
    any smart mods,opinions on a possible DRL headlight,LED upgrade,and of course performance,handling mods such as remap, engine,intercooler, brakes,arbs suspension and spacers.

so far I really enjoy the car as it is,but sooner or later I'll deffo get the modding bug and start making smaller or bigger changes.
    so if someone,anyone could recommend any must have ,popular mods I would be grateful.
    so that it for now, talk is cheap let the pics talk for themselves

first: the one I'm switching from

and a pic of the new VS the old

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    Hi Tom, welcome to the B7 section!

Can't view your pics, but this is most probably due to my work server

Popular and relatively cheap mods to do:

• Cupra-R Front splitter - self-tapping screws under the front bumper, easy mod
    • RS4 Rear ARB - stiffens up the back end and does not reduce ride quality
    • ET43 as standard, ET35-31 sits very well, personally I have ET33. Personal preference really
    • 19" wheels and some lowering springs... if you don't want to go really low Eibach or H&R for 45mm springs, 40/50mm sets or 30mm sets. If you want to go lower JOM do budget coilovers. Think Damien at PDM performance is a good guy to speak to.
    • If you want to improve braking slightly for not much cost, MTEC brakes are a good buy, but still not performance brakes.
    • Various LED headlights out there, B8 A4 or original A5 style. General opinion is that OEM xenons look best, but they are £££ (£2k?)
    • LED upgrade for number plate lights & interior are common-place
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If it was a TDI I would say remap, but looking at your A3 you seem more than familiar with engine mods!

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

5th Gear

Status
    Hej welcome to the Forum Matey. Aye, stick around here long enough and you'll soon be blowing yer salary on loads of stuff! Just recently wrapped my sliver trim with black carbon fibber....that's a popular mod too.

Cheers
    MM

1st Gear

Status
    Just one observation. Is it definitely a quattro? I can see the badge on the boot, but can't see it on the passenger side dash. I thought all quattro's had the badge on the dash, but i stand to be corrected.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi & welcome to the A4 side Tom, happy modding fella
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Custardsucker View Post
    Just one observation. Is it definitely a quattro? I can see the badge on the boot, but can't see it on the passenger side dash. I thought all quattro's had the badge on the dash, but i stand to be corrected.
    Think it's the light mate, looks like it might be a badge above the glovebox latch
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah its deffo a quattro the pics aren't ace but there is a quattro badge on the glovebox,and on the boot right under 2.0T marks

thanks for the warm welcome guys,my budget is tight right now ,but I'll try my best to blend in within the B7 community..
    my first job will be some Plasti Dip - ing.. i e matte black the grille,badges on the rear,getting rid of the chrome around side windows and toying with thought of plasti dipping the bottom part of the rear bumper to highlight the twin exhaust tips and possibly do the whole roof...
    all under 60 quid,just need a nice sunny weekend ...

edit (just gone to have look,double check) yep deffo a quattro

btw what MPG should I expect ??
    must note :normal driving,within reasonable limits
    Last edited by TOM.S; 9th April 2013 at 19:56.

Proud owner of a:
    2.0T FSI quattro A4 S-line (saloon)
    Build thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/192911-just-another-build-thread.html

5th Gear

Status
    Just keep your eye on the fuel gauge when your driving...you'll know pretty soon if it's a quattro.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Just keep your eye on the fuel gauge when your driving...you'll know pretty soon if it's a quattro.
    ^^What he said!^^

Welcome buddy!

Biddyy..
    2006 A4 DTM, Silver, Front and rear OEM Parking sensors, OEM RS4 Xenons, OEM RNS-E plus, 6 Stack CD Changer, APR Carbonio CAI, Rev D DV, Autotech HPFP + OEM Follower, Revo Stage 1, New thermostat, R8 RED Coil packs, so far!

To Do: Coilovers, Sport Cat RAI/034, Milltek Cat Back, Revo Stage 2+, & finally take a break?!

"quattro - try it, you won't look back!" :D

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM.S View Post
    yeah its deffo a quattro the pics aren't ace but there is a quattro badge on the glovebox,and on the boot right under 2.0T marks

thanks for the warm welcome guys,my budget is tight right now ,but I'll try my best to blend in within the B7 community..
    my first job will be some Plasti Dip - ing.. i e matte black the grille,badges on the rear,getting rid of the chrome around side windows and toying with thought of plasti dipping the bottom part of the rear bumper to highlight the twin exhaust tips and possibly do the whole roof...
    all under 60 quid,just need a nice sunny weekend ...

edit (just gone to have look,double check) yep deffo a quattro

btw what MPG should I expect ??
    must note :normal driving,within reasonable limits
    The official stats are on this HJ link. Driving like Miss Daisey you might hit the early 30's if you are very lucky on a good day. Audi A4 B7 2005 - Car Review | Honest John

Awesome GTI tuning this week!

Status
    Welcome to the club mate! You've a nice car there, ripe for mods.

If you're in Solihull ever, PM me if you'd like to meet up.

One way to see what we've done is to read the profile signatures for inspiration....

Alistair
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

4th Gear

Status
    Welcome in midlands too if you need any tips
    Happy modding
    Torque the Torque

1st Gear

Status
    Regards MPG, I am averaging 28mpg over the past 12 months for the 2wd version. Mostly town driving, short trips, lots of stop start.
    I recently got 34 mpg on 2 long motorway runs.
    2005 B7 A4 2.0T in Moro Blue

Interior, Number Plate & Sidelight LED's from T8ups, 18" 9 Spoke TT Wheels.
    BGB Engine Code.

5th Gear

Status
    Welcome! I've averaged 30mpg over the last 5000 miles from my 2WD variant.

Trip Litres fuel Cost Fuel MPG
    359 56.72 £83.89 Shell V Power 28.77
    352 54.59 £78.01 Shell V Power 29.31
    296 42.74 £59.79 Shell V Power 31.48
    232 27.67 £40.09 Shell V Power 38.12
    368 47.81 £69.28 Shell V Power 34.99
    400 54.07 £70.24 Shell Fuelsave 33.63
    342 52.51 £73.46 Shell V Power 29.61
    336 51.95 £75.80 Shell V Power 29.40
    366 56.38 £82.82 Shell V Power 29.51
    370 55.76 £80.24 Shell V Power 30.17
    347 54.56 £76.33 Shell V Power 28.91