Adjusting front s line bumper

tuffy

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Im sure i saw a thread somewhere, which i cant find now, that its possible to adjust the gap where the the bumper meets the bonnet either side of the grill, i have around a 15mm unsightly gap

I think its possible to close this up, but does the bumper need to be totally removed to do this??

Yes. You need to remove the bumper and then adjust the two supports which it sits on. They are threaded I believe and you just need to turn them the right way.

Quite a few guides about the place if you give it a search. Often paired with changing headlights (bumper-off job)

I need this done on mine, but can't do it myself. Anyone fancy a go for beer tokens?

its easy try it yourself

Largely gave up trying to fix mine, just couldn't quite do it and have the lights fit in :(

Tuffy...

I used a long bar and torx bit like in the first picture....tyrned and the bumper rose up a bit....job done

Tuffy...

I used a long bar and torx bit like in the first picture....turned and the bumper rose up a bit....job done

so you just insert the torx and turn to adjust the height HMMMM sounds to easy to be true ! what size torx is it ?
thanks in advance

is this possible on the 56 plate s line bumper as the one in the guide loocks like a facelift 09 onwards?

so you just insert the torx and turn to adjust the height HMMMM sounds to easy to be true ! what size torx is it ?
thanks in advance

Exactly what i did......I Think it was a T20 or 25

so i set about mine yesterday, got all the necessary tools etc got the right side sorted all nicely fitting perfect, till i went to adjust the other side and found that the torx screw had been rounded off by obviously the previous owner, so back to the other side and back to adjusting it. So although now its not how i want it to sit but at least the gaps are now matching.So next time the bumper comes off i will see about replacing the said torx.

Anybody thinking about adjusting the bumper it really couldn't be any easier clockwise to raise, anti clockwise to lower simples !!

Just had a look at mine and cannot see the adjusters, bumper lights and grille are all in place. Am I missing something or do I need to start taking bits off to see them?

You need long torx bits. There are two holes, one either side of the grille looking down on it with the bonnet up.

Yay, found the hole and poked a stick in it and found I need something about 8" long (Cue carry on type innuendo jokes).

What size bit do I need?

Had the car in the workshop yesterday, had a quick look..... looks like one of my adjusting bolts is actually missing!